Apr 19
2012

MER Episode 76: DEV 1.2

Written by Admin | posted in Listen, Mos Eisley Radio | 12 Comments

On this special episode, Zach sits down for a post-1.2 chat with BioWar Austin’s former Lead Writer and now Lead Game Designer, Daniel Erickson. Zach had the chance to dig a little deeper into the elements of Game Update 1.2 along with the design philosophy behind the Legacy system and what we can look forward to with new and upcoming end-game content. Daniel also gives us a very big reveal about a contentious topic (hint: it’s the GTN!).

Let the MER community know what you think of 1.2, what you like, what you’d like to see, and how your tree of alts is looking over at our forums!

Play
Direct DownloadiTunes SubscriptionRSS Subscription

Discussion Topics
– A Talk with Daniel Erickson
– Game Update 1.2 Post-release
– The Legacy System in Detail

Music on this show has been provided to us by General Fuzz.

12 Responses

1. Dapyman says:

Really good episode!

2. […] geplante Feature durch einen Podcast mit dem Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson, der den Jungs vom MosEisleyRadio Rede und Antwort […]

3. alkapwn says:

I just do not get why they see this as such a big success. I see players leaving everyday.

I myself enjoy playing the game, but I also see a lot of issues. lv40-50 is very tough to get through, not because its hard at all. You just do not get very many new actions by then and it feels like just more of the same. They should raise the class quest exp up for those who do not want to do the side quests. Unlike what we heard, you cannot get to 50 just by doing your class quests.

How about more races and classes?
    How about buying exp via pvp coms?
    How about opening up my alts so I can use them as companions on other toons?
    What about adding in group space missions?
    Adding a class like (crafter, dancer) for people who like to stand around and be social? (this would be a great way to add in a way for us to change our looks via having that class drop a device that someone could interact with to change looks around)

I could put out so many ideas that to me seem hell of a lot better then they ones they are coming up with.

• okiguessheresmyname says:

I’ve gotten 3 characters to 50, and all of them have skipped Corellia completely. Heck right now I have a level 30 Sage who still needs to do his class quests on Taris and Nar Shaddaa. You can skip most of the quests and still level up. It all depends on the route you want to take.

4. hagu says:

Thanks for a great podcast!

One single GTN makes such sense; that was great news (and a scoop.)

I wish crafting would get even more attention. And of course we need cross-server LFG & Mods.

5. anubis77 says:

Best Podcast i hav heard for a long time.

Amazing game guys !! ty for all your hard work @ Daniel and the team BIOWARE.

ty for all the new information.

Ps : @alkapwn lol : troll sumwhere else plz.

6. Aery Vanguard says:

Best SWTOR interview I’ve ever heard. Fantastic job Zak. You asked all the right questions. I hope you do more in the future. Really awesome work.

7. Targeter says:

Absolutely the best interview I’ve ever heard absolutely! He absolutely did an absolutely great job!

I do love me some Daniel Erickson and his delicious abs.

8. Zach says:

We thought about calling this episode Absolute Erickson but decided otherwise. 🙂 Really glad to hear you all enjoyed this episode. I had a lot of fun recording it. Thank you for all the compliments.

9. Mihn says:

Great interview, love the teaser bit at the end about lots of space stuff being in the pipeline.

10. […] Daniel Erickson has been busy: in another interview published by NowGamer, he mentioned how awesome the next iteration of the space game would be, without giving any details. He was extremely forthcoming on all kinds of subjects in an interview with Zach on Mos Eisley Radio. […]