PAX East is just around the corner! This week we take a look at the state of the community, and attempt to find the source of all the negative posts on the comments and forums. We also discuss Bioware’s plans for PAX East, and how the lack of a main stage show changes our expectations for the conference. As always, we would love to hear your thoughts by joining the discussion of this episode on the FORUMS!
We want to offer a big thanks to Darth Skirata and Ted Childers for taking the time to leave us reviews on iTunes.
Music for this show was provided by General Fuzz. Check out more of his work at generalfuzz.net
News From the Galactic Republic
2/18 – Fan Friday and Studio Insider
– Fan Site Spotlight
– New fan art, concept art
– Discussion topic: Growing amount of negative comments on the Friday updates
PAX East Update
2/18 – New info on PAX East
– Community Meet and Greet on Saturday
– Huge emphasis on the expo floor: “Booth stage” with presentations running all weekend
– Still more specific announcements to come
– Discussion topic: Thoughts on not having a big stage show (i.e. How would they handle a big reveal, if they even plan on having one at all)
– Discussion topic: Epic trailers. Do they serve a purpose beyond building hype?