The introduction thread.

Looking for a place to talk about whatever? Found one you have!
Brooks
Master
Master

The introduction thread.

Post by Brooks » 05 Aug 2009, 11:34

At one point last year we had a solid introduction thread going, but I think it died out some time in September or October. I'm bringing it back! We've had a large number of new forum members in the past couple of months, and we really want to get to know everyone more. I'll start with me...

I'm BROOKS! The just one half of the MER hosting duo.

As far as gaming goes, I think the first thing I ever got really into was Donkey Kong Country. Probably one of the very few games that I've ever actually played to the VERY end. I couldn't even begin to list everything I've played, but the big ones throughout the years were CS: Source, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, Half Life 2, the entirety of the Medal of Honor series (starting on Playstation) up through Spearhead, the Call of Duty PC series, World of Warcraft, Mass Effect 2, and KOTOR. Most recently I've been grinding out a few hours a week in Bad Company 2.

Schoolwise, I'm at Indiana University pursuing a degree in audio engineering, which requires a rather large amount of dedication outside of the classroom. Thankfully most of our activities are rewarding and relate at least in some fashion to the career I want to pursue, which is either live audio production or audio and video content created for web distribution. Niche markets FTW!

Otherwise, the rest of my time is spent dabbling in web development, pretending to be good at Photoshop, and enjoying movies and TV series. Standouts are Firefly / Serenity, Battlestar Galactica, Burn Notice, CSI, Eureka, Sons of Anarchy, Veronica Mars, and a web series near and dear to my heart...Pure Pwnage.

UPDATE: I've added all of the posts from the old thread, so feel free to edit your old entry if anything has changed.

sirdesmond
Knight
Knight

Re: The introduction thread.

Post by sirdesmond » 06 Aug 2009, 10:24

Good plan on the Intro Thread

My name is Christian, go by Sir Desmond on here, sometimes Dratizz on other sites.

I am about to go into my senior year at Butler University as a Creative Writing Major, I work at Starbucks, I game on my PC a lot and my 360 a good deal. I am very interested in game design and the production side of video games and have dabbled a bit in Facebook application development.

My Xbox Gamertag is Dratizz, so feel free to add me as well.
Steam ID is csorrell
Check out my tabletop gaming website/podcast: http://www.boardandbase.com
Check out my video game reviews and articles: http://www.newgamenetwork.com

Zach
Master
Master

Post by Zach » 06 Aug 2009, 15:29

I agree this is a good idea for the forums.

I am Zach

I am one of the two hosts for MER. I am currently studying New Media at IUPUI. In my downtime I love to play and watch sports. Favorite teams are 49ers, Redsox, and Pacers. I play the bass guitar and other musical instruments as well. I am a big sci-fi nerd and love watching / playing Sci-fi related things. I am a big PC gamer. I would say about two thirds of the games I play are PC games however I am also a PS3 owner and play that as well. You can add me as a friend on the PSN network if you like.

PSN ID: Wildstrike1516 (or it could be just WIldstrike)

Games I'm playing: Dawn of War 2, InFamous, Call of Juarez, and KOTOR II.
Want to play list: Modern Warfare 2, Heavy Rain, and SWTOR (obviously)

BenNighthawk
Master
Master

Post by BenNighthawk » 30 Aug 2009, 14:20

Morning all. I've made a few posts, but never intro'd myself.
My name is Benjamin. Ben or Benny is fine. The Nighthawk last name is from my SWG character on Infinity and Valcyn Servers, if you played.

I live in Connecticut and I am a career Firefighter and Paramedic. I am working towards degrees in Arson Investigation and Fire Protection Engineering.
Interests include fishing and hunting, but most of my free time is spent with my beautiful daughter and wife, and our sleepy Pug, Frank. I also dabble in computer repair, but that is mostly with my own system.

At the ripe old age of 2, I saw the original Star Wars movie and have been a huge fan of the universe since. I played Star Wars Galaxies for over 4 years from day 1, and I can't wait for TOR to go live.

Synergi
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Synergi » 02 Sep 2009, 22:20

Hi guys, I'm Kim. My main name in most games is Synergi. or Syn for short. My first MMO was NWN on AOL back in 96/97. From there I went on to UO, EQ, DAOC, SWG until CU/NGE, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, and more. I Alpha tested Gods and Heroes before it went up in flames. As you can see I've played a LOT of MMO's. The two I had the most fun with was UO and then SWG. although I thought Gods and Heroes had a lot of potential.

I have two work at home jobs to supply my electronics addiction.

I can't say I'm a big gamer outside of MMO's. I have played Doom, (the last one) Kotor, and I'm thinking of picking up MAss Effect, although I suspect playing the last two games is my way of checking for clues from Bioware to see what they ''might'' bring over to their MMO.

Anyway I am glad to be here and I really enjoy the podcasts. I'm very much looking foward to Swtor.

-Syn-

CorruptedJedi
Initiate
Initiate

Post by CorruptedJedi » 02 Sep 2009, 22:58

Hey everybody, My name is Frank and first off I'd like to say that I am an avid Knights of the Old Republic fan to this day. Okay, I currently am a Junior at Ridley High School, Pennsylvania, and am looking into working in the game industry as my career. I loved video games since I first held a Super Nintendo controller in my hands. I own a Xbox 360 and am an Xbox Ambassador. My gamertag is Corrupted Jedi. Send me a friend request and I'll be glad to get to know you. My father is the one who introduced Star Wars into my life at the age of four and from than on, I loved everything about it. For most of my childhood, I was active in football and baseball but as of my freshman year, I haven't played any sports and I don't regret it. I perceive myself as a reasonable, understanding person and try to help whoever I can. Basically, I am stoked at the idea of The Old Republic and simply cannot wait until It is released.

Hoping to play with all of you in the future.

-Frank a.k.a. Corrupted Jedi

P.S. Don't forget the wise words of Admiral Ackbar. "ITS A TRAP!"
Last edited by CorruptedJedi on 03 Sep 2009, 14:18, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoying MER since day 1.

Lord636
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Lord636 » 04 Sep 2009, 18:34

Hey all! Well this is a little late, I've been on the forums for a bit now, but yay yeah what ever hi and nice to meet you all!
Xfire: Stormpengy
Steam: Stormpengy
Email: sony9876@gmail.com

STThreeTwoOne
Padawan
Padawan

Post by STThreeTwoOne » 08 Sep 2009, 17:12

Hey everyone,

My name is Chad. I'm a gamer, and a big Star Wars fan. My history is in PC gaming (UT, CS, Starcraft, and countless others), but I've recently shifted a bit more to my Xbox. I've played most of the Star Wars games out there (minus X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter, the original Jedi Knight). I've been getting lazy about upgrading my computer lately, so I've started buying games for my Xbox 360 instead. I work on computers and write software for a living.

I've only seriously played two other MMO's: SWG and WoW. I'm sure that I'm going to waste a good chunk of my life on TOR.

Gamertag: x3haloed0
swtor.com forums: STThreeTwoOne

@Synergi: Definitely pickup Mass Effect. It will give you a good preview of what you can expect with TOR.

CorruptedJedi wrote:Don't forget the wise words of Admiral Ackbar. "ITS A TRAP!"

It's a tarp!

iveDefected
Padawan
Padawan

Post by iveDefected » 09 Sep 2009, 02:03

The name is Chris, I am currently an Service Tech (or Agent) for Geek Squad.
Ive been gaming for....ever. Starting with Coleco/Atari, ending with Wii/PS3/360 and including everything in between. Ive been MMO'n since '93 where my first taste of the genre was a MUD called Rogue Dungeon then went on to play PSOnline on the Dreamcast and UO. EQ came out and all was lost...ive been avidly playing MMO's as they currently are since then. From EQ to SWG and CoH, EQ2/WoW and pretty much a taste of everything up until AIon and Champions.
Ive Beta tested almost every Current MMO on the market and NOTHING has me as excited as SWTOR (well except the idea of The Secret World is very intriguing at this point, check it out http://www.gametrailers.com/game/the-secret-world/11084 or http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com)

I am also a long time Musician and Ridiculous movie fan.

Bovive
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Bovive » 24 Oct 2009, 01:07

Hi,

I'm Brian (Bovive or Cegab in most games I play). I used to DJ for The Gaming Radio Network and write for their magazine. I recently just got back from living in Kuwait and now I'm enjoying the states again. I am currently playing SWG until SWTOR comes out.
Bovive