Forum and Site Updates

Looking for a place to talk about whatever? Found one you have!
bmartin717
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Forum and Site Updates

Post by bmartin717 » 12 Feb 2011, 01:13

Steiny wrote:We thought you died... nice to know you didn't. WoW>CoH still though!

<3 Ben

LOL no chance CoH is way better than WoW unless you just like to grind...

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 12 Feb 2011, 11:20

I've played both CoH and WoW. My CoH experience was 6 months. WoW has been almost 6 years. I like them both for different reasons. WoW is just a better all around game in my opinion, BUT CoH does some pretty cool things as well. They both could stand to learn a lot from each other.

gonzodroid
Padawan
Padawan

Post by gonzodroid » 20 Feb 2011, 11:27

I got to say you guys put on a great show. I listen to the MER pod casts over and over when ever I can. I really like how you guys talk in layman terms for simple people like me. Thank you for creating such a cool show, and the new site looks great.

cobe2121
Initiate
Initiate

Post by cobe2121 » 21 Feb 2011, 23:46

Hey mos eisley,

I came here super long ago once, but I decided to come back and visit since your feature in the fansite spotlight on the swtor site, and I have to admit that the reason why I registered was to compliment on your sleek website redesign. I can't say I frequent other fansites other than DH, but I have to say that your web design is by far my favorite of the bunch. Great great stuff for whoever did the work.

A kind of 'whatever' suggestion (not really a big deal; just preference): I can't really tell if you're using easing on the animation on for your featurettes that you cycle through on your index page, but I think exaggerating the ease a bit more would make it look a bit more 'right'. I think really slowing it down for the easing into the next featured item would look a lot better (hope that makes sense). Also, I think leaving the feature up a little longer would be better as it switches pretty fast; didn't really get to read what each one was and digest it for someone who essentially just came to the website for the first time.

I also checked out the cast while I was here; GREAT stuff. I really enjoy the conversation feel that it has and both your guys' unique insights to the information revealed about the game. I usually only listen to the DH podcast on a weekly basis, but I think I'll be checking this one out as well each week. I also really like the idea you guys have with the Open Bounty video cast; it breaks things up into nice bite sized chunks for people who might not want to sit down for a whole hour to listen to your typical podcast. Also, it might do well for those people with short attention spans with all the cuts to other footage and such.

Anyways, this is getting long winded, but I just wanted to drop by, say hi, and say you guys have something really great going here. Awesome community site!
Revan is the Jedi prisoner.

Zach
Master
Master

Post by Zach » 23 Feb 2011, 10:28

cobe2121 wrote:Hey mos eisley,

I came here super long ago once, but I decided to come back and visit since your feature in the fansite spotlight on the swtor site, and I have to admit that the reason why I registered was to compliment on your sleek website redesign. I can't say I frequent other fansites other than DH, but I have to say that your web design is by far my favorite of the bunch. Great great stuff for whoever did the work.

A kind of 'whatever' suggestion (not really a big deal; just preference): I can't really tell if you're using easing on the animation on for your featurettes that you cycle through on your index page, but I think exaggerating the ease a bit more would make it look a bit more 'right'. I think really slowing it down for the easing into the next featured item would look a lot better (hope that makes sense). Also, I think leaving the feature up a little longer would be better as it switches pretty fast; didn't really get to read what each one was and digest it for someone who essentially just came to the website for the first time.

I also checked out the cast while I was here; GREAT stuff. I really enjoy the conversation feel that it has and both your guys' unique insights to the information revealed about the game. I usually only listen to the DH podcast on a weekly basis, but I think I'll be checking this one out as well each week. I also really like the idea you guys have with the Open Bounty video cast; it breaks things up into nice bite sized chunks for people who might not want to sit down for a whole hour to listen to your typical podcast. Also, it might do well for those people with short attention spans with all the cuts to other footage and such.

Anyways, this is getting long winded, but I just wanted to drop by, say hi, and say you guys have something really great going here. Awesome community site!

Hey Cobe,

Welcome to the forums and glad to have you with us. Also thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We appreciate hearing what everyone thinks good or bad. Suggestions are always welcomed. Anyways hope you stick around and are able to fit in with the rest of the community.

cobe2121
Initiate
Initiate

Post by cobe2121 » 23 Feb 2011, 13:30

Zach wrote:Hey Cobe,

Welcome to the forums and glad to have you with us. Also thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We appreciate hearing what everyone thinks good or bad. Suggestions are always welcomed. Anyways hope you stick around and are able to fit in with the rest of the community.

Definitely man; thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to future shows.
Revan is the Jedi prisoner.

Paydirt
Knight
Knight

Post by Paydirt » 03 Mar 2011, 09:24

Love the podcast and enjoyed the episode with Larry from Massively the most (by far) [Episode #28]. I'm glad it is just the two of you hosting and that you are focusing on the bigger issues (instead of every issue).

Listening to episode #26, it seems like the focus then was on what you were about to say (maybe more so for Zach) instead of listening to whoever was speaking. I think this has been tightened up since then.

***I found it EXTREMELY hard to register for the forums. I've never gone "oh for five" with a validation tool (and was shut out from registering). If you can change your validation tool or allow for more attempts before lockout, that would be great. If the admins here have not done the validation tool themselves, I would encourage them to try. Ironically, for the code I got in on, there was a floating "1" that I chose not to input. I've never seen a validation tool that had as hard of letters to read (font) and had characters that were not supposed to be entered.

tolbrin
Padawan
Padawan

Post by tolbrin » 13 Mar 2011, 19:04

Love the new site..
It's clean and crisp. It makes me want to drink a 7-up.
Looks great on a phone (android) browser too.

TORfreak
Padawan
Padawan

Post by TORfreak » 24 Mar 2011, 22:33

I kinda wish the avatar edit allowed for higher res pics. IDK if its possible but it would be cool.
If I fall to the Darke Side......its Padme's fault!

Joanis
Knight
Knight

Post by Joanis » 05 Apr 2011, 00:00

In response to the avatar resolution problem, I was referred to a cool website called Picnik that lets you reformat the pixel size of images for free. It's how I made my avatar.

http://www.picnik.com/

Hope that helps.

Edit: Reworded for clarity.