Forum and Site Updates

Looking for a place to talk about whatever? Found one you have!
Brooks
Master
Master

Forum and Site Updates

Post by Brooks » 13 Jun 2010, 14:11

Hey guys!

First and foremost, I want to welcome all the new folks here to the Mos Eisley Radio forums! As Zach and I have said many times on the show, the core of MER is the community of listeners, and we can't think of a better way to interact with all of you outside of the podcast than these forums. There is no better place to continue the discussions we have on the show, dive further into the lore, and start great conversations with other listeners than right here.

As such, we want to continually work to improve everyone's experience of the site and the show. In the coming weeks and months it's likely you'll see some things change, some of which has already started with a new, streamlined theme. We've also added a default forum avatar of our favorite little jawa. Unfortunately in doing so, the avatars of the forum veterans have been erased. This was an unexpected consequence, and I really do apologize for the inconvenience. However, to help you choose a new one, we've added an Avatar Gallery with a large collection of avatars from the official forums. Those of you who would like to use your own are still able to do so and, in fact, we encourage it!

We're constantly brainstorming new ways to encourage community interaction, and near the top of the list is a new pop-out podcast player so you can listen to the show while you browse the forum. This is where you guys come in: while Zach and I can take a pretty good guess at features you guys (and gals!) would like to see added to the site, what we really would love is for each of you to chime in! Consider this thread the official place to discuss ideas for how we can improve Mos Eisley Radio in the coming months. While we can't promise to include everything, we want to make a strong effort to build one of the best SWTOR communities around.

May the force be with each and every one of you!

BenNighthawk
Master
Master

Re: Forum and Site Updates

Post by BenNighthawk » 14 Jun 2010, 21:12

Site looks great! I love the new look.

Lord636
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Lord636 » 19 Jun 2010, 22:21

Lookin' good.

SamTheMan
Initiate
Initiate

Post by SamTheMan » 03 Jul 2010, 19:01

Let's just hope that this renovation will bring in more listeners to the forums. It certainly brought me back. ;)

Brooks
Master
Master

Post by Brooks » 03 Jul 2010, 22:46

SamTheMan wrote:Let's just hope that this renovation will bring in more listeners to the forums. It certainly brought me back. ;)

I hope so too! :) Glad to have you back around Sam.

And on your note...the invitation on how to improve our growing community includes ideas for bringing in more listeners and forum posters. Zach and I have a few ideas rolling around, but we're always looking for new ways to expand the audience!

jaysen71581
Knight
Knight

Post by jaysen71581 » 07 Dec 2010, 17:13

Id kinda like to see you guys open up the podcast and have a special guest from the community of MER like bennighthawk or who ever, just letting some of us in on the fun you guys have because when i drive to Philly from where i live in Maryland for my military stuff its about a 3 hour or so drive so i listen to the podcast then and i guess sometimes I express my ideas, agree, or disagree with whatever the subject is, but in any event i love this podcast i just wish we would get more of it, i know the content we are getting now is thin so it is kinda hard to make a podcast with the lack of information we have been getting..
Kill em burn em blow em away, shoot first ask questions second and yea i shot first....

AxeFaktor
Master
Master

Post by AxeFaktor » 07 Dec 2010, 17:57

jaysen71581 wrote:Id kinda like to see you guys open up the podcast and have a special guest from the community of MER like bennighthawk or who ever, just letting some of us in on the fun you guys have because when i drive to Philly from where i live in Maryland for my military stuff its about a 3 hour or so drive so i listen to the podcast then and i guess sometimes I express my ideas, agree, or disagree with whatever the subject is, but in any event i love this podcast i just wish we would get more of it, i know the content we are getting now is thin so it is kinda hard to make a podcast with the lack of information we have been getting..

I'm pretty sure they actually had ben on the show a while back

skirata
Master
Master

Post by skirata » 25 Jan 2011, 20:53

I don't know how practical this would be, but I'd like to be able to Like posts on the forums.

Also, have you guys considered doing a call-in section of the podcast? I listen to the Adam Carolla podcast and he does this from time to time and it's always interesting.

Keep up the good work!

JefferyDuke
Initiate
Initiate

Post by JefferyDuke » 10 Feb 2011, 04:09

I just wanna say how much I love the new look for the site. It has a kinda Newspaper feel for it. I bet it would look really slick on a tablet computer!

Brooks
Master
Master

Post by Brooks » 10 Feb 2011, 04:31

JefferyDuke wrote:I just wanna say how much I love the new look for the site. It has a kinda Newspaper feel for it. I bet it would look really slick on a tablet computer!

Thanks Jefferey! That's kind of the feel we were aiming for. The old site was so cobbled together and lacked any real flow. I'm hoping the new version will allow people to find what it is they're looking for a whole lot easier. Also, the site is now modular in a lot of ways, so it will be really easy to show everyone content for a specific topic, like PAX East next month :)