BioWare's latest backfiring "Sub Love"

Discuss the latest breaking news from BioWare and Fantasy Flight here!
wurgy
Master
Master

BioWare's latest backfiring "Sub Love"

Post by wurgy » 10 Sep 2013, 20:34

K, I realize that they want to show love to subscribers but really?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

My only deal with this is I pre-Ordered this as SOON as it came out,which I'm sure many others did to sending an influx of cash to these guys. Now I'm guessing that they sell a smattering of these a month they're like time to show the love! Any sub gets the Hut Cartel for free! YEAH! WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Well either they checked and the people who sub'd and bought this quit and now they wana try and get more people to sub so we'll throw it in or they really think this is showing their sub base some love, whom, I'm guessing, if they're subs they probably already bought this game. BUT WAIT! Have no fear. If you bought this within between Aug 11 and Sept 12 you get 1050 cartel points. Also just for those who gave us money right away you don't get cartel coins but something better!!!! A TITLE!

I gave my money to these guys because I still hoped they could pull it off. I still wanted to believe they were going to do what they said. They came close and they made a fun game but after subing for almost 2 years this made sure that I'd stick with the freebies. There's really no reason cause gonna guess in another 6 months it'll be pushed into the freebie part. (Rise is like what 6 months old?) Yes people bought stuff and Bio doesn't owe you jack. However giving someone something just because they waited, discovered, or just didn't want to buy in right away seems wrong for the people that actually bought into what you were doing in the first place.

Now another thought is that they took off $10 if you pre-ordered, is $10 the equivalent of 1050 coins? If it is I guess that's somewhat fair, you just broke it down to what pre-order people got it . However if all that giving money to them out of the gate means you get a title, pretty sure I can pass and just wait for it to freep.

Evan
Master
Master

Re: BioWare's latest backfiring "Sub Love"

Post by Evan » 11 Sep 2013, 00:04

It's like you reached into my brain and threw the words at the screen
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

wurgy
Master
Master

Post by wurgy » 11 Sep 2013, 23:09

Least that means I'm not some crotchety old man yelling at the kids on his lawn then. ;) still like the game but think my subbing days are over.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Evan
Master
Master

Re: BioWare's latest backfiring "Sub Love"

Post by Evan » 12 Sep 2013, 18:40

I wish I had the time to enjoy $15 a month-worth, but I don't. I wind up paying for a month and then I don't really get to play much. This whole situation sadly reeks of desperation and it makes me want to drive down there and shake somebody until they understand how they're cutting down the previous subscribers.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

wurgy
Master
Master

Post by wurgy » 13 Sep 2013, 01:00

At which point we all realize it started with everything bring about the story and immersion.... However the big bad world and all the rest of the bean counters brought us back to earth and reminded it's done for a profit. Not for ideals. ;(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4