Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/43/d201850050/htdocs/mer/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/43/d201850050/htdocs/mer/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
Mos Eisley Radio • View topic - Open Bounty - New video podcast from MER

Last visit was: It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Open Bounty - New video podcast from MER
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 15:01 
Master
Master

Hey everyone! Last week we launched the first part of a new series on how we create the show, called "Podcasting in Basic". The response so far has been great, and I'm looking forward to developing that series over the coming weeks and months.

Today, we're even MORE jazzed to show you a preview of the video project Zach and I have been developing over the past couple of months. The series is called "Open Bounty" and will feature the two of us, and possibly other guests, discussing various topics related to The Old Republic. This is more than your average video podcast, however, and we're looking to YOU to help us shape the direction of the show. We've been carefully listening to the community's call for more video content, and we expect Open Bounty to set a standard for SWTOR. Watch the first preview episode below.

Now, here's where you can do us a HUGE favor ... let us know what you think! I can tell you already that we're making improvements (we won't just be sitting on a couch in future episodes), but what we would like most is to hear what you all expect from a show like ours.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Open Bounty - New video podcast from MER
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 15:27 
Knight
Knight

cool guys. idk how i feel about videos yet. i burned myself out in high school and havent really gone back. i do look forward to seeing where you go with these videos though. gl guys :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 15:28 
Initiate
Initiate

Nicely done guys! Love the style of the video as well as the general concept. The editing is top notch and really puts it in it's own category of video podcast. Well done. I'm looking forward to more!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:23 
Knight
Knight

cool vid guys, but you need like a Jay leno desk/studio! (I know wishful thinking.) But brooks, you disappoint me.... never played with legos.... sad panda faces every where. :cry:

but the vid was excellent! the editing was smooth and the other video bits were cool.

one thing i would like to mention, Luke never kills a storm trooper with his saber, only a rabble of bounty hunter/thug guys on Jabbas barge, in fact the only stormtroopers he ever kills are with blasters or his x-wing. now I know that in the various expanded lore comics and books hes a total bad-ass M-f-er but in episodes 4,5 and 6 stormtroopers are never killed by sabers. only blasters, some food for thought. Also with the force being what it really is (see my post at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=340&start=10) troopers are a totally viable class choice!

"sir the rebels are here!"
"well, what do they want?"
"I don't know sir, but they brought a flag..."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:28 
Knight
Knight

rofl, fire out of his ass! rofl!!!

you make a good point good sir, but damnit if im not still lmao!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:48 
Master
Master

Brooks - no Legos as a kid?! My heart is heavy for you...LOL!!

Good stuff gentlemen. I hope you stick to the 10 minute supplemental video-cast and don't go full video all the time. The beauty of MER is being able to listen to it as I work, play WoW, exercise etc.

Good stuff once again!
-Alan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 17:07 
Master
Master

I must express my raaaaage at this. For no longer can I listen to you guys in the background or do something else. I have to give you my full attention! How dare you take my full attention! :D

I really like the format and everything. And I greatly look forward to future episodes. And I know you already said it, but I thought I would agree that sitting on a couch doesn't work terribly well. lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 17:21 
Master
Master

Alan wrote:
Good stuff gentlemen. I hope you stick to the 10 minute supplemental video-cast and don't go full video all the time. The beauty of MER is being able to listen to it as I work, play WoW, exercise etc.

That's exactly our plan!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:40 
Padawan
Padawan

Wow! This is amazing! Everyone here's so excited to see really cool original content like this. Great job!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:50 
Master
Master

Awesome vid guys, I also like that's it's only 10 min long and about a single topic. Its not a bad thing shooting you guys sitting on a couch, it gives it more of a casual feel to it. Enjoyed the camera work and the included game footage. Loved that there was extra bloopers at the end, always enjoy those.

Brooks - no Lego..... tisk tisk, *shakes head*

Zack - like the toque, go longhorns. And I'm Canadian so that's saying something. Is that your
wife in the end of it, gorgeous girl man, congratz.

Offline Profile