Open Bounty - New video podcast from MER

Discuss past episodes of Open Bounty here!
Brooks
Master
Master

Open Bounty - New video podcast from MER

Post by Brooks » 21 Jan 2011, 15:01

Hey everyone! Last week we launched the first part of a new series on how we create the show, called "Podcasting in Basic". The response so far has been great, and I'm looking forward to developing that series over the coming weeks and months.

Today, we're even MORE jazzed to show you a preview of the video project Zach and I have been developing over the past couple of months. The series is called "Open Bounty" and will feature the two of us, and possibly other guests, discussing various topics related to The Old Republic. This is more than your average video podcast, however, and we're looking to YOU to help us shape the direction of the show. We've been carefully listening to the community's call for more video content, and we expect Open Bounty to set a standard for SWTOR. Watch the first preview episode below.

Now, here's where you can do us a HUGE favor ... let us know what you think! I can tell you already that we're making improvements (we won't just be sitting on a couch in future episodes), but what we would like most is to hear what you all expect from a show like ours.

kenzosan
Knight
Knight

Re: Open Bounty - New video podcast from MER

Post by kenzosan » 21 Jan 2011, 15:27

cool guys. idk how i feel about videos yet. i burned myself out in high school and havent really gone back. i do look forward to seeing where you go with these videos though. gl guys :)
one of the most iconic scenes was vader hiring a bunch of faceless and nameless guys. ever since iv wanted to be a Bounty Hunter!

sghetti79
Initiate
Initiate

Post by sghetti79 » 21 Jan 2011, 15:28

Nicely done guys! Love the style of the video as well as the general concept. The editing is top notch and really puts it in it's own category of video podcast. Well done. I'm looking forward to more!
Why must I love and collect everything that is Star Wars?......Why not?

vinnypop
Knight
Knight

Post by vinnypop » 21 Jan 2011, 16:23

cool vid guys, but you need like a Jay leno desk/studio! (I know wishful thinking.) But brooks, you disappoint me.... never played with legos.... sad panda faces every where. :cry:

but the vid was excellent! the editing was smooth and the other video bits were cool.

one thing i would like to mention, Luke never kills a storm trooper with his saber, only a rabble of bounty hunter/thug guys on Jabbas barge, in fact the only stormtroopers he ever kills are with blasters or his x-wing. now I know that in the various expanded lore comics and books hes a total bad-ass M-f-er but in episodes 4,5 and 6 stormtroopers are never killed by sabers. only blasters, some food for thought. Also with the force being what it really is (see my post at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=340&start=10) troopers are a totally viable class choice!
"To break the mold does not prove genius, it merely shows you can break things."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"sir the rebels are here!"
"well, what do they want?"
"I don't know sir, but they brought a flag..."

kenzosan
Knight
Knight

Post by kenzosan » 21 Jan 2011, 16:28

rofl, fire out of his ass! rofl!!!

you make a good point good sir, but damnit if im not still lmao!!!
one of the most iconic scenes was vader hiring a bunch of faceless and nameless guys. ever since iv wanted to be a Bounty Hunter!

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 21 Jan 2011, 16:48

Brooks - no Legos as a kid?! My heart is heavy for you...LOL!!

Good stuff gentlemen. I hope you stick to the 10 minute supplemental video-cast and don't go full video all the time. The beauty of MER is being able to listen to it as I work, play WoW, exercise etc.

Good stuff once again!
-Alan

Koujow
Master
Master

Post by Koujow » 21 Jan 2011, 17:07

I must express my raaaaage at this. For no longer can I listen to you guys in the background or do something else. I have to give you my full attention! How dare you take my full attention! :D

I really like the format and everything. And I greatly look forward to future episodes. And I know you already said it, but I thought I would agree that sitting on a couch doesn't work terribly well. lol

Brooks
Master
Master

Post by Brooks » 21 Jan 2011, 17:21

Alan wrote:Good stuff gentlemen. I hope you stick to the 10 minute supplemental video-cast and don't go full video all the time. The beauty of MER is being able to listen to it as I work, play WoW, exercise etc.

That's exactly our plan!

Daeke
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Daeke » 21 Jan 2011, 18:40

Wow! This is amazing! Everyone here's so excited to see really cool original content like this. Great job!
David Bass | Senior Community Coordinator at BioWare Austin

Braio
Master
Master

Post by Braio » 21 Jan 2011, 18:50

Awesome vid guys, I also like that's it's only 10 min long and about a single topic. Its not a bad thing shooting you guys sitting on a couch, it gives it more of a casual feel to it. Enjoyed the camera work and the included game footage. Loved that there was extra bloopers at the end, always enjoy those.

Brooks - no Lego..... tisk tisk, *shakes head*

Zack - like the toque, go longhorns. And I'm Canadian so that's saying something. Is that your
wife in the end of it, gorgeous girl man, congratz.