Open Bounty 008: Bounty Hunter

Discuss past episodes of Open Bounty here!
Zach
Master
Master

Open Bounty 008: Bounty Hunter

Post by Zach » 24 Jun 2011, 12:54

Evan Lewis joins Zach this week for his first venture into Open Bounty. In this episode we take a look at Bounty Hunters and try to figure out what makes them so popular, and cool. We also break down the play styles and class story of the Bounty Hunter as well.

Open Bounty Is a documentary style video podcast about the upcoming MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic by Bioware. Each episode contains various 8 bit artists as background music. If you have any 8 bit recommendations please email them to us at moseisleyradio [at] gmail [dot] com.

Music in this episode
Mr. Spastic
Disasterpeace
Animal Style

Dileptor
Master
Master

Re: Open Bounty 008: Bounty Hunter

Post by Dileptor » 24 Jun 2011, 13:28

FIRST!!! :D

EDIT: Ok, now I can actually write something :)

Great episode guys! I dig the venue. You are right that there is something fascinating about bounty hunters. Evan mentions that he'd like to see the class video (or progression video?) but we already got either. BH is one of the most known classes at this moment, since you all got to play it at the fan site summit.

Cad Bane is a very interesting character. I even sense some connetion between BW and the guys that did clone wars (lucasarts?) in order to portray the BHs as tough guys that can take on a jedi. Bane took down Ashoka no problem.

There is one more thing that strengthens my belief in the connection between BW and clone wars. Master Plo said in one of the episodes :"There hasn't been a battle like this since The Old Republic".

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 24 Jun 2011, 14:33

We have not gotten an AC progression video for the Bounty Hunter; just a class story video and armor progression. We haven't seen the diverging play styles of the two AC's.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 24 Jun 2011, 15:17

Dig the new SpacePort Media intro animation!

*now to watch the rest of it!*

- Alan

Crozar
Knight
Knight

Post by Crozar » 24 Jun 2011, 18:17

While I have no real interest in playing a bh, the episode was good. I noticed a great improvement in the video inserts and editing during the course of the episode. The sound was fine, so your skills are definitely improving each episode.

Beardless Zach was a bit of a surprise. Must have shaved it off for the summer. Understandable, especially if it's hot out. Zach had some impressive lore knowledge on bounty hunters, too. Hadn't heard of most of the examples that were brought up.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and look forward to many more while awaiting TOR.
Insanity is a state of mind.

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 24 Jun 2011, 20:23

No love for Jodo Kast? Sad. He was always my favorite bounty hunter. The comic where Fett finally catches up with him was pretty epic.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 24 Jun 2011, 22:25

None too shabby, and what happened to Zach's beard?
Last edited by Kizzik on 25 Jun 2011, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteFox
Master
Master

Post by WhiteFox » 25 Jun 2011, 00:24

Agreed! Great new animation for spaceport media logo!

Again, great show, always appreciate the great production quality!

So I'm a big bounty hunter fan, always have been. Boba Fett has always intrigued me. If you haven't read the Boba Fett Trilogy, then you definitely need to! It will give you a couple reasons why bounty hunters can be healers. (I mean they have to heal them selves or use droids right?) But as far as lore in TOR, having a lot of Mandalorians is canon. If you look at the timeline, it talks about how they have all been serving as BHs, smugglers and hired guns since the end of their invasion and blockade. And since the Mandos were a huge invading army, it stands to reason that some would have healing skills. Maybe the play style will be lots of stims and drugs to keep you going as opposed to more traditional style, just speculating. Anyway, thanks for the great discussion!

Seth - White Fox

KondorHawx
Master
Master

Post by KondorHawx » 25 Jun 2011, 17:14

I absolutely love the way you threw in clips during descriptions of actions, events, and named characters. Very easy to go along and understand what you two are referring to :) Loved it guys, keep up the good work.

CheeseBlade
Master
Master

Post by CheeseBlade » 25 Jun 2011, 18:42

I think the beards need to be rerolled.