tales from jabba's palace

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
JediMasterDiesel
Padawan
Padawan

tales from jabba's palace

Post by JediMasterDiesel » 14 Jun 2012, 23:39

Wood's bane question inspired me to mention this

I have been reading the tales from jabba's palace recently (picked it up at half price books when I was there a couple weeks ago with zach and evan). I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but it's my first time through as I had missed it back in the 90's.

anyway my biggest laugh so far has been the weequay story where two weequay guards investigate the murder of the sail barge's captain. someplace along the line these two guys decide to have a meeting and in keeping with weequay custom, they elect officers. one president and one secretary treasurer. if that isn't funny enough, they spend most of the short story talking to a magic 8 ball more or less- hillarious.

I'm not done yet, but the other one I really liked was the story about the musicians. it was everything it should have been and then some.

ok. I'm done geeking all over you guys. I would like to open the floor for y'all to share some memories from that book if any of you have read it.
JD from MER
Do you smell the taters?

Evan
Master
Master

Re: tales from jabba's palace

Post by Evan » 15 Jun 2012, 09:53

I think it was on our reading list episode(s) in which we talked about Boba Fett's epic story and then I mentioned my other favorite from it being the REALLY dumb Gamorrean. He's so dumb the other Gamorreans make fun of him. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that one!
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

JediMasterDiesel
Padawan
Padawan

Re: tales from jabba's palace

Post by JediMasterDiesel » 15 Jun 2012, 17:24

haven't read the boba fett one yet... it's near the end.

that gammorean was hillarious!!!!! dude carried two dead bodies around for 36+ hours looking for the killers! I loled pretty hard on that one. "why can't you use complete sentences like the rest of us?"
JD from MER
Do you smell the taters?