Datacron Entry #1

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
Kizzik
Master
Master

Datacron Entry #1

Post by Kizzik » 05 Jun 2012, 17:50

I decided to roll a bounty hunter recently. While I was roaming around Hutta I came across a datacron which gave me the very first datacron codex entry. The entry tells about "The Architects." Also known as the "Celestials" this references something that's been coming up throughout the EU for a while including an episode of Clone Wars that ties into the recent Fate of the Jedi series of novels. All of this has me wondering how many references to the "Architects/ Celestials" there are and if they're relevant to TOR. Is it even important to know about them?

Wood
Master
Master

Datacron Entry #1

Post by Wood » 05 Jun 2012, 19:56

Are the Architects the ones who were precursors to the Rakata? Sounds like another game I know o.O (Precursors-> Forerunners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...

Kizzik
Master
Master

Re: Datacron Entry #1

Post by Kizzik » 05 Jun 2012, 20:39

I'm not really sure. The datacron entry says that the Architects and the Rakata are often confused or interchangeable by historians within the SW universe. All I really know is about the tie-ins they have in the Clone Wars series and the Fate of the Jedi novels.

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 05 Jun 2012, 22:04

So far, I haven't seen anything in-game pertaining to the Celestials (someone correct me if they've seen something I missed). However, the upcoming Warzone (it was a warzone, right?) is called something like Ancient Hypergates. Hypergates were built by the Gree, who were once slaves to the Celestials. Also, the new operation takes place on Asation, a Gree colony. Perhaps this knowledge of the Celestials will become important in the future of SWTOR?

The Rakata were once slaves to the Celestials (also known as the Architects) as well. Since Rakatan technology is likely at least partially based upon Celestial tech, it's easy to see why they are some times confused.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

kev144
Knight
Knight

Post by kev144 » 05 Jun 2012, 23:28

So, if the Gree were also slaves of the Architects, is Gree technology also partially based off Architect technology? If so, how different is Gree tech from Rakatan tech, seeing they are from the same source?

Finally, I remember something in the datacron entry about the architects having the ability to creat solar systems (Corellian is cited as an example, I believe). Just another fact.

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 06 Jun 2012, 11:22

It's true. If you read the Corellian Trilogy of novels, they discover giant hyperdrives beneath the surface of the planets in the system. As far as Gree tech goes, I would imagine they learned pleanty from the Celestials as well. But, both races (Gree and Rakata) were space faring long before they met the Celestials. So they each had their own tech beforehand. So each would've put their own unique spin on Celestial tech. Plus, the Gree havw had an extra 20,000 years to evolve their tech since the Rakata died out.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio