Kotor 2 Questions

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
Wood
Master
Master

Kotor 2 Questions

Post by Wood » 16 May 2012, 03:35

Well a lot don't like it, but I enjoyed it, but some things left me stretching my head even to this day.
Well Darth Traya lost her connection to the Force at one point, but regained it, yes?
Darth Sion used it to hold his body together from all the fractures and such.
Nihilus needed to drain the Force from planets to sustain himself (but where does it go?)
The Exile. Why did they consider her being a Wound in the Force to be essentially evil that needed to be purged? I'm just still very lost on that topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...

Evan
Master
Master

Re: Kotor 2 Questions

Post by Evan » 16 May 2012, 10:29

You're not alone. It's not explained very well and I've played through it... at least three times, each time trying to syphon out more info. I don't know if the cut content would have helped on that end at all, but there are a lot of restoration projects out there.

The Exile and Darth Traya: Traya SOMEHOW formed the Force link with Meetra Surik (btw, I love the updated Wookieepedia entry for her! always loved the character and she finally gets some love thanks to Drew!) while they were both unconscious, who wasn't really a wound in the Force, so much as simply cut-off from it, a la Ulic Qel-Droma (albeit, forcibly) and Ben Skywalker. This "explains" why Treya was able to regain her powers at the same rate at Meetra (yay! No more "The Exile"). As to why the Jedi were so afraid of her, it's not well explained. She was not a void in the Force as we see in NJO, nor was she a Force consuming entity. Best explanation, it's more Jedi Council idiocy. Has there been ONE thing they've ever gotten right?! Luke's council at least has some balls.

Darth Sion: Actually, both Sion and Nihilus are great examples of Sith lords who, by all rights, should be dead and have managed to cheat death through sheer force of will. So, those who complain about Darth Maul coming back... these two jokers don't even have viable body parts left! Anyways, yes, Sion is considered the Lord of Pain and uses that pain, along with his hatred for Treya and Meetra to keep his dead body together.

Darth Nihilus: As the Lord of Hunger, he had no physical form and had to consume the life Force from any and all beings and worlds in order to sustain what remains of his barely corporeal-mostly ethereal existence. As far as what happens to that Force that he eats... /shrug. Everyone poops. Honestly, I don't know and it's almost definitely never explained. What is confusing is that he's supposed to consist primarily of a spirit attached to robes, gloves, boots, and his mask, but then once you beat him you can take off his mask and you see "just a man." It's really kind of poor execution on a really awesome concept.

Yes, I am an unabashed fan of this game!
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

JediMasterDiesel
Padawan
Padawan

Post by JediMasterDiesel » 14 Jun 2012, 23:43

Evan wrote:Yes, I am an unabashed fan of this game!
when did anyone of us think you weren't?

;-)
JD from MER
Do you smell the taters?

Wood
Master
Master

Kotor 2 Questions

Post by Wood » 15 Jun 2012, 03:08

A lot of people aren't JD. One because it wasn't BioWare, and two because it messed around with some of the lore. I personally thought the gameplay was superior to 1, plus how can you not like Force Crush? *ugghllughhl gasp gasp... Crunch!*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...

JediMasterDiesel
Padawan
Padawan

Post by JediMasterDiesel » 15 Jun 2012, 17:20

right right right

10-4
JD from MER
Do you smell the taters?