Darth Bane *Possible Spoilers*

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
Wood
Master
Master

Post by Wood » 16 May 2012, 03:29

So I never really thought a few things through the first go round with this series. But one question popped in my head and I thought I'd ask.
The thought bomb. It trapped all the living Force/ Life Force from both the Brotherhood and Army of Light. It changed the landscape, climate, weather patterns, tons of stuff. Now is that considered one of the "Wounds" in the Force? And does it still remain on Ruusan on through the Rebellion Era and NJO Era?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...

Kizzik
Master
Master

Re: Darth Bane *Possible Spoilers*

Post by Kizzik » 16 May 2012, 10:17

In the game SW: JK: Dark Forces II you actually deal with the events that the thought bomb lead up to. It also resolves this particular part of the SW storyline. I'd hate to give spoilers but it's also a game that's been around for about 15 years, so if you haven't played it don't read any more.

*SPOILERS BELOW*
So here's the deal a thousand years ago Darth Bane conned Lord Kaan (play on words maybe?) and the thought bomb was set off on the planet Ruusan taking out the Brotherhood of Darkness and a huge chunk of the Army of Light. The two groups had been going at for so long that the planet had already been becoming a "wound" in the Force as Wood described it. The thought bomb itself (or at least the aftermath of it) is in fact a nexus in the Force where Dark and Light merge into a physical manifestation of the Force consuming all living things within its blast and condensing them to a singularity of sorts
At the end of Dark Forces II, Kyle Katarn travels to the valley of the Jedi for his showdown with the Dark Jedi, Jerec (a Miriluka if you're interested), and upon Jerec's defeat Katarn frees the trapped souls of the thought bomb. The location is still heavily steeped in the Force but it is no longer the great, mysterious nexus it once was.

If you read the spoilers I'm sorry I cut it off short but I'm not much for writing endings. I have a tendency to go on to the next subject so thanks and hoped you enjoyed. :)

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 16 May 2012, 10:31

Ah, ya beat me to it. I was busy writing a thesis on the KOTOR 2 question.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

WhiteFox
Master
Master

Post by WhiteFox » 26 May 2012, 00:18

Man, Dark Forces 2: JK changed everything. I lived that game so much, I used to dial up to the Microsoft Zone so a couple friends and I could play.

Concussion rifle and rocket launcher ftw.

Seth
@WhiteFoxSG

Naberius
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Naberius » 14 Jun 2012, 17:32

I completely forgot about Katarn and the Valley of the Jedi being on Ruusan. I love remembering Lore connections. Thanks