Our favourite Scaley Friends

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
Churcher
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Churcher » 20 Apr 2012, 00:29

So, listening to Lesson 7, a thought occurred to me that was mildly distressing. I don't know much about the Trandoshan race. Outside of the iconic Bossek and the Jedi Conciliar's Companion, you don't seem them that often (that I'm aware of.) I do recall seeing them in Republic Commando, but they looked much different then normal appearances.

So, what do we need to know about the Trandoshans?

Evan
Master
Master

Re: Our favourite Scaley Friends

Post by Evan » 02 May 2012, 11:32

That is a very good question, actually. They are a pretty awesome race, but you're right, we don't see them much throughout the main stories. Actually, they have been featured a bit more on The Clone Wars, especially at the ends of both season two (three part story where Bossk teams up w/ young Boba and Aura Sing) and season three (a pack of them kidnap young Padawans and hunt them for sport).

We'll probably touch on them more on our show after we finish covering the player character races.

Anymore thoughts? Keep them coming!
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 02 May 2012, 12:09

This has me thinking about all the different Reptilian species now. One of which was featured in Truce at Bakura, the P'w'eck. Then there are others like the Barabel and even Rodians are considered to be of reptilian origin.

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 02 May 2012, 12:13

Since I'm immersing myself in SW tabletop, if you can find it, break out a copy of the Ultimate Alien Anthology. Like a monster manual of SW aliens. Lots of good stuff there.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

WhiteFox
Master
Master

Post by WhiteFox » 02 May 2012, 14:06

In the EU, the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy covers trandoshans with some depth, as Boba Fett joins the bounty hunters guild with is run by Bossk's father.

Seth
@WhiteFoxSG