Yuuzhan Vong and the New Jedi Order?

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
theskozo
Initiate
Initiate

Post by theskozo » 19 Apr 2012, 20:28

So I have been reading the New Jedi Order and I am about 3 or so books away from being done with the series and well there are a lot of questions to ask but really I just want some kind of character study episode if possible on the Yuuzhan Vong. There is a lot about them and I am sure I have missed many things on top of the fact that I have heard from friends that they actually have ties to older books or atleast some kind of there pressence of living ships and such have shown up in previous books around after episode one with anikin.

So some help with these amazing characters would be awsome sence its really is such a huge story and war.

Oh and I am really really really confused with the character Vergere and who she is and what she is and well just everything about her. So if anyone is willing to help me out with her that would be great like I dont even know what race she really is as funny as that sounds.

So lets talk new jedi order people and for those who havnt read these books and like star wars needs to read them now cause they are amazing.

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Re: Yuuzhan Vong and the New Jedi Order?

Post by Crackerbox » 19 Apr 2012, 20:48

I'm sure we'll get to the Vong eventually. In fact, I'd love to spend some time with what is arguably the hugest event in EU history. But for the moment, we are focused on things that we can relate to SWTOR.

But to answer your questions about Vergere, just keep reading. We learn more about her past in the Legacy of the Force series of novels. And I seem to remember her getting a mention during Darth Krayt's origin story in the Legacy comic books.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

Wood
Master
Master

Post by Wood » 19 Apr 2012, 21:09

Looks like I need to do some reading. Never really got into the NJO era. Skimmed it while reading through databases but I'm more the OR and CW era kinda guy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...

theskozo
Initiate
Initiate

Post by theskozo » 19 Apr 2012, 21:22

Crackerbox wrote:I'm sure we'll get to the Vong eventually. In fact, I'd love to spend some time with what is arguably the hugest event in EU history. But for the moment, we are focused on things that we can relate to SWTOR.

But to answer your questions about Vergere, just keep reading. We learn more about her past in the Legacy of the Force series of novels. And I seem to remember her getting a mention during Darth Krayt's origin story in the Legacy comic books.
I look forward to you guys getting to it cause you mention that series a good amount in your podcasts so i was just really intrigued and dove right in. I am loving the series and it really puts the universe in perspecive for me.

Thank god they touch on her in later books because she is so facinating as a character.

Also I was wondering if you are anyone knew how much influence George has on what happens in the books and games. Does he ever pitch general ideas for people to write and or does he just read everything before it comes out and says yes or no to it.

So many questions and not enough time to read everything to find out lol. Although I am trying very hard 20 star wars books in the span of 3 months and moving forward and loving every minute of it.

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 20 Apr 2012, 07:27

The Vong tie-in to The Old Republic!
:arrow: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slivilith