Session 6: Everyone Wants A Chiss

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 03 Apr 2012, 02:37

We're actually on schedule! Amazing! What is that, three in a row?

As promised: the Chiss! Some of this may be old news for lore hounds, but I bet there'll be a fact or two that may be new for everyone.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

Wood
Master
Master

Re: Session 6: Everyone Wants A Chiss

Post by Wood » 03 Apr 2012, 03:12

Listening right now, probably wont finish until later, but very excited for this episode! I love my IA and really want to finish him, which of course had to be a Chiss. They just fit the IA so well. Cold, calculating, and judging from Leo saying they are essentially "OCD" about everything, makes a perfect template for an Agent.

On another note, not so sure about the choice in the Stan Bush song being that awesome lol "The Touch" even the title just sounds very, well wrong. Ever notice the lightsaber sounds coming from the Matrix as he opens it? lol I had no idea until I rewatched it a couple years ago. They are def lightsaber sounds, like the generic Master Replica Jedi sound board lol *Ahem* As you were.
*PS I'm not 30 and I'm aware of these things lol I've just been obessed with Transformers since I was like 3 lol (Which would have been 1989)

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 03 Apr 2012, 13:51

Wood wrote:On another note, not so sure about the choice in the Stan Bush song being that awesome lol "The Touch" even the title just sounds very, well wrong. Ever notice the lightsaber sounds coming from the Matrix as he opens it? lol I had no idea until I rewatched it a couple years ago. They are def lightsaber sounds, like the generic Master Replica Jedi sound board lol *Ahem* As you were.
*PS I'm not 30 and I'm aware of these things lol I've just been obessed with Transformers since I was like 3 lol (Which would have been 1989)
Touche :)

So long as it's universally recognized that THAT movie is the only proper Transformers movie, I think we can all live in peace and harmony.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

Wicket
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Wicket » 03 Apr 2012, 15:25

awesome as always guys! *places apple on desk*

ChickenVhett
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ChickenVhett » 03 Apr 2012, 17:46

Listening to you right now. I have a Chiss Agent (Sniper) and a tri-part name: Sacthr'olan'des. Also, I'm sure you guys know this but forgot to mention it, but the middle part of the name is called the core name. It is composed of the last one or two letters of the first part, the whole middle part, and the first one or two letters of the third part. So Thrawn comes from Mitth'raw'nuruodo -> Th'raw'n = Thrawn. Or Chaf'orm'binatro (a Chiss from Survivor's Quest) would be F'orm'bi = Formbi.

+100 nerd points if you know where my core name is from.

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 04 Apr 2012, 11:20

ChickenVhett wrote:Listening to you right now. I have a Chiss Agent (Sniper) and a tri-part name: Sacthr'olan'des. Also, I'm sure you guys know this but forgot to mention it, but the middle part of the name is called the core name. It is composed of the last one or two letters of the first part, the whole middle part, and the first one or two letters of the third part. So Thrawn comes from Mitth'raw'nuruodo -> Th'raw'n = Thrawn. Or Chaf'orm'binatro (a Chiss from Survivor's Quest) would be F'orm'bi = Formbi.

+100 nerd points if you know where my core name is from.
Wouldn't it be better as a Gunslinger? ;)
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

ChickenVhett
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ChickenVhett » 05 Apr 2012, 19:25

Evan wrote:Wouldn't it be better as a Gunslinger? ;)
I know... but he is a Sniper, and that's pretty much the same thing mechanics-wise.

Also, +100 nerd points to you!

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 06 Apr 2012, 12:52

But very nice nerd-combo there! That was one of the first things I asked Leo: "How many Gunslingers will be named Roland?" Wonder if there are any all-Gunslinger guilds called Ka-Tet...
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 06 Apr 2012, 15:44

When I played WoW we had an all paladin guild named "Aldur's Disciples" and if your character was male your name had to start with "Bel" and "Pol" for females.

+1000 nerd points if you get that joke.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

Wood
Master
Master

Post by Wood » 06 Apr 2012, 17:18

The Belgariad series lol I haven't read all the parts, only 2 and 3/4 roughly lol I rarely get time to read anymore :/ isn't there like 4 books?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...