Ossus Academy Session 4: I Am A Jedi (And So Can You!)

Mos Eisley Radio's podcast dedicated to discussing the lore of SWTOR and the rest of the EU.
Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 03 Mar 2012, 01:36

Another week, another lesson from the Ossus Academy. This time: Jedi! Please let us know what you think, what we might have missed, and throw more questions our way for next time!

Which reminds me...

Next lesson: lore in video games, besides SWTOR/KOTOR.
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

wurgy
Master
Master

Re: Ossus Academy Session 4: I Am A Jedi (And So Can You!)

Post by wurgy » 11 Mar 2012, 01:16

Still workin my way through the backlog of MER casts. Playin my JK on Veela now and listening to the cast. First brain fart by Leo so far with his Clone Wars bit. :)

I'm reading Knight Errant right now and I'm sorry but OMG is this hard to start. The other book I was able to slip right into them and get into the groove. This one is just like rubbing up against a cheese grater. Powering through cause if anything I'll get some more history in the Star Wars Universe so hopefully it clears up. Maybe a question in that is Kara mentions in the first couple chapters that Jedi were either good with lightsabers or blasters?

Say Leo, do you know if the Fargo Library has the comics? Would be interested in those.

Fargo'an would be the correct nomenclature. :) Thanks for the answer on my question. Always was kinda wondered since it always seemed (atleast to me) you were Jedi or you weren't, snooty was just something that comes to mind on the prequels. Although basing ideas based on prequels is faulty logic. I guess at that point Jedi allow the "grey" area because they just aren't as mean as the bad end Sith. The librarian thing was mentioned in a quest in the game. Can't really say where, cause spose it could be a spoiler, but it's in both the Knight and Consular quests.

Malagus just seems to be a errand boy. "Hey! Look kill stuff over here." Whenever I see him come up I escape out of the quest thing and go on my merry way. I didn't do many flashpoints my first time through since I figured I'd leave that for my seconds and thirds so I can something different to do. The ones that I did do I basically called him a woman and weak. Didn't get force choked but hard to bring across the power he has when he's basically neutered.

As for the most hated line "I have the high ground?" heh, that one bugs me but I'll watch it here and see what I can find.

Thanks again guys for clearing some of the smoke and mirrors from the Star Wars history. Always a good time!

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 11 Mar 2012, 20:20

The Moorhead library has some trade paperbacks of KotOR and a few other Star Wars comics. So I would assume that the Fargo library does too, and even if it doesn't, they can get 'em from the Moorhead one.

Now, if they were something you'd be interested in owning, I would recommend going to Paradox Comics and Cards downtown in Fargo. Rich has a decent selection of newer Star Wars trades there and is always happy to try and order anything he doesn't have. Sure some place like Amazon would be cheaper, but supporting your local comic shop is always a good thing. Just don't go buy them from Comic Junction, the guys at that store aren't very friendly.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

WhiteFox
Master
Master

Post by WhiteFox » 12 Mar 2012, 15:01

Hope Evan has gotten his Library card already. :-) Free digital and physical books are waiting to be unlocked!

Seth
@WhiteFoxSG

JediKaiden
Padawan
Padawan

Post by JediKaiden » 20 Mar 2012, 16:17

This was great Session, When will you guys do another one, it's been weeks

Evan
Master
Master

Post by Evan » 20 Mar 2012, 19:16

Funny you should ask...
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com