ASF article 1 :: don't mistake passion for rage

The personal musings of our MER forum guru and the guild leader of Shadow Squad and Shadow Guard!
Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 13 Jun 2012, 16:31

I would love to hear your thoughts on my first article!

http://alanshotfirst.tumblr.com/post/25 ... n-for-rage

Enjoy!

- Alan

MasterGaric
Knight
Knight

Post by MasterGaric » 13 Jun 2012, 16:47

Well said Alan, I like the idea of writing down your thoughts in a well formed blog post. It's good to let people read longer posts by you who may not always see everything that you post on these forums. While you are not doing this now be careful about falling into the temptation to write a post when you do get some feelings of anger; or whatever emotion you would like to call it. I say this because when this happens your well intentioned, well thought out argument tends to be destroyed. Just a friendly reminder from a fellow blogger. I also can understand where you are coming from in terms of passion/nerd-rage.

Sometimes I find myself getting caught up in my passion for the game and I start to lose sight of things. While I do recognize that there are some things about the game that need attention, I know BW is listening.

Sent via the Force
"Do or do not, there is no try and also a lie the cake is"

Kizzik
Master
Master

Re: ASF article 1 :: don't mistake passion for rage

Post by Kizzik » 13 Jun 2012, 17:28

I don't think I've ever really thought of your comments as rage. There is definitely a fire burning in you for the game that we all know and love. I think a reason some may misinterpret your comments is because human beings determine understanding through physical communication. It's one of the reasons I enjoy video blogs/ podcasts a bit more than audio. With text, sarcasm is often confused with being a troll. With audio, what may sound like defiance could actually be snarky. With video, you don't just hear the tone of voice you see the mannerisms the individual uses when speaking, and you can determine their intentions more by the look on their face.

All in all, your article was great. You defined how you truly feel and anyone who reads your article should always be able to tell the difference between your passion from anger from here on.

That being said... BRING BACK THE ASF VID-CASTS!

A possible topic: where do you go first when you need in-game help for any reason? Databases? Friends? Forums? Game guides? FAQs? Or do you just figure it out on your own?