AlanShotFirst :: ep46 :: walking the line

The personal musings of our MER forum guru and the guild leader of Shadow Squad and Shadow Guard!
Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 02 Apr 2012, 17:03

I'm back after a short break! You ready to dive into one of the most controversial topics from the Guild Summit? Will the new legacy system pull people across the faction line and tear guilds apart? You tell me what you think!

Enjoy!

- Alan

Animus
Master
Master

Re: AlanShotFirst :: ep46 :: walking the line

Post by Animus » 02 Apr 2012, 19:31

As long as their working on a cross-faction communication solution, I am fine with the Legacy system encouraging opposite faction play. I am glad I made a Sith Pureblood up to lvl 50 so when 1.2 hits, I'll be able to make Sith Pureblood Republic characters. :twisted:

I plan on making my Jedi Knight and my Consular both Purebloods for role-play reasons. My knight will actually be a direct copy of Darth Animus and I will role-play him like I switched factions and joined the Jedi. Since I wrote his backstory for the RP story contest a while back, I will use the name I gave him in that story. I will RP that Revan is my primary inspiration for doing this.

My consular's story for being a Pureblood is that he failed the trials on Korriban and narrowly avoided being killed by his master. So he sought refuge amongst the Jedi and now seeks to learn all facets of the force, not just the light and dark sides.
Other game aliases: PainRelief(Tribes 2) - ComerEste87(Planetside 1&2) - Khepri/Dägda/Moktal(WoW) - Maj. Surge(CoH) - Onuris(AoC) - Criax/Animus(SWTOR) - Criax(GW2)

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 02 Apr 2012, 22:18

I think it will be good for server balancing. Players will roll characters wanting something they might not get from their own faction. I think the whole idea has a lot of promise.

mederlin
Padawan
Padawan

Post by mederlin » 02 Apr 2012, 23:20

As a GM (even though I run a small Family&Friends guild) of a Republic guild I am very concerned about the cross faction communication. We do have a vent server however that does not always mean that everyone in the guild will use it.

Also if Bioware just arbitrarily opens up the guilds to be cross faction in order to allow players the opportunity to communicate, as well as have continued access their guilds bank... This would be unprecedented as far as I know. I do not claim to be the smartest guy out there, so maybe someone else here on the forums can let me know the answer to the question, "Is there another game that allows you to have cross faction guilds?" Other than just creating a mirror guild on the opposite faction, this I have seen done before.

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 07 Apr 2012, 17:56

Wow, 80+ views, but only 3 replies? No one else has an opinion on this topic?

Surprised. :shock:

- Alan

Wood
Master
Master

Post by Wood » 07 Apr 2012, 20:28

I don't think it will pull guilds apart on the Empire side. A lot of them have the "I'm too good to play republic" attitude. But adding to that we may lose more repubs to the dark side :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a Galaxy Far Far Away...