AlanShotFirst :: ep41 :: the companion conundrum

The personal musings of our MER forum guru and the guild leader of Shadow Squad and Shadow Guard!
Koujow
Master
Master

Re:

Post by Koujow » 07 Feb 2012, 13:19

Elkatt wrote:Here's another idea, if you have enough dark side points, you can place a restraining bolt on your droid and give them a shock that will silence them for the next twenty encounters.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
I would fall to the dark side in an instant for that option. XD

Yay! Alan used my topic!

So far, I have collected two companions, not counting C2, and both of kind of cool. But I dislike my tanking companion, not because he isn't a cool character, but because I have to play a lot slower with him. With my healing companion, I can generally go from mob to mob with little down time. With my tanking one, every mob requires a few seconds of healing afterwards.

Kroneuss
Padawan
Padawan

Re: AlanShotFirst :: ep41 :: the companion conundrum

Post by Kroneuss » 07 Feb 2012, 15:49

So I'm at work and listened to this podcast... I almost pissed myself laughing. I couldn't agree more about C2-N2...and wanting to punch him in his metal face.

I really wish I could push him in the escape pod and eject him from the ship.

About sending him on crew tasks - I wish he'd just shut up and do it, not narrate his life story and then go do it.

I have a very deep hatred for C2-N2, and it makes it difficult to make all Light Side choices.

Edit: I also don't like Theran... No you don't get a grant to do a job, go do it ya lazy sack of ****.

Qyzen is the man though.

Tassedar
Master
Master

Post by Tassedar » 07 Feb 2012, 17:53

companions are great but eventually they stop talking to you and have nothing to offer but a place to store your excess gear and work for open world pvp. other than that loved leveling with them just wish i could go through their dialogue options over again.

Kimarhri
Master
Master

Post by Kimarhri » 08 Feb 2012, 13:17

Tassedar wrote:companions are great but eventually they stop talking to you and have nothing to offer but a place to store your excess gear and work for open world pvp. other than that loved leveling with them just wish i could go through their dialogue options over again.
Indeed. I really hope they have plans to expand companions in a patch, not just for the next expansion or something. One thing that's missing from this game is companion interaction with each other on the ship, i miss the side conversation stuff that was present between companions from other Bioware games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age.