AlanShotFirst :: ep40 :: what's missing?

The personal musings of our MER forum guru and the guild leader of Shadow Squad and Shadow Guard!
Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 30 Jan 2012, 23:26

SWTOR has been out for about a month and a half. Simple topic for the week: What's missing?

Enjoy!

- Alan

Koujow
Master
Master

Re: AlanShotFirst :: ep40 :: what's missing?

Post by Koujow » 31 Jan 2012, 00:52

First! Bwahaha

I have a massive list of things that I would love to see in game.

-Non-vehicular mounts - Just as you said, the ability to own a Tauntaun, a Varactyl or even something crazy like a Dewback would be amazing to me. ( My lovely girlfriend wishes me to inform you that she likes that you can't just mount everything. It makes it different from WoW, where just about anything you can see you can ride.)
-Republic Agents - Of course, the Imperial Agent and the Smuggler are mirror classes, but the idea of a Republic Agent seems very cool to me and the SIS (Republic Strategic Information Service) seems like the perfect way to add an Agent to the Republic side. I dislike the feel of the Smuggler (not to offend, but too 'dirty' and by the edge of his pants, rather than cool and precise like the Agent).
-Droid companion - I am kind of sad that I, as a Consular, do not get a droid companion (not counting the butler droid on your ship). Maybe they could add a droid that you can build by crafting or locating certain parts. (I know a couple other classes get droids as companions. I am just jealous)
-MORE RACES - I have complained about this (loudly, at times) that there needs to be more races to play. We have seen different, unique models for Cathar, Togruta, Rodians, Nautolans and more! I hope some of them will be unlocked with the legacy system.
-Ability to 'summon' players in your party when they are on the same world for things like heroics or instanced missions.

I don't think they are too crazy and I really enjoy the game. They were never make-or-break things, but I am hoping for more.

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 31 Jan 2012, 08:26

Weapon proficiencies. In so many different MMOs players are given the ability to use more than one type of weapon. Sure not every gun is built the same but the options are there to play in a manner more to your liking. I have a friend who I used to play WoW with and he dual-wielded daggers as a paladin or something crazy like that. As a warrior I carried maces. I'd really like to be a trooper that carries two blasters or be allowed to carry an assault canon like Commandos.

Maniac
Knight
Knight

Post by Maniac » 31 Jan 2012, 10:01

While I like Kizzik's idea about being able to use different wield for different classes I think (and I'm sure I've read this before somewhere) that specific classes have specific weapons so they are identifiable...particularly for PvP.

I see a dual wielding heavy armour guy I know it's a Merc I see one single wielding it's Powertech...same thing on our side...obscenely large cannon (insert innuendo here) Commando...rifle Vanguard.

Heck even the Force users hold their sabres differently should they only have one so you can differentiate at a distance.

While I like your idea and I'd like to have more choice I guess it's the way it is for a reason :(
EA clouds everything...hard to see the release date is...

http://www.ez-guild.com

Koujow
Master
Master

Post by Koujow » 31 Jan 2012, 10:24

Maniac wrote:While I like Kizzik's idea about being able to use different wield for different classes I think (and I'm sure I've read this before somewhere) that specific classes have specific weapons so they are identifiable...particularly for PvP.
Ugh, I hate that! I really think that a larger variety of weapons should be selectable for the different classes, PvP be damned! After all, its not like when you are in the craziness of PvP, you are really that concerned with the spec of who you are fighting. At least when I am playing, I am trying to stay alive and complete the objectives, not whether I am throwing rocks at Operative or a sniper.

I think multiple options makes sense in the lore too. For Troopers, the currently most recognizable trooper in star wars is that Clone Trooper, Commander Rex. (Honestly, I can't really think of any other Troopers characters.) And he is famous for?

Dual wielding blasters. That is his shtick (at least as far as I have seen. Don't watch the tv show that much). Not to mention, there are a bunch of mobs who have guys with vibroblades. Why can't troopers, bounty hunters or smugglers equip and use them too? (Agents can, but used for a limited number of abilities) The vibroweapons would probably require a major overhaul of the abilities available to each class, but just saying.

Also, I wish Jedi Shadows could choose between single or double bladed. From my understanding, the Shadow's abilities don't work with a single blade lightsaber and honestly, the 'Obi-wan' experience doesn't fit Obi-Wan. I think if he was a character in TOR, he would be a Shadow with a single bladed lightsaber (he sneaks around a lot, not use a bunch of force powers).

Laryyk
Knight
Knight

Post by Laryyk » 31 Jan 2012, 10:33

I always know when I'm fighting an operative, because I spend the entire 10 second fight being repeatedly stabbed while I can't move :P

Koujow
Master
Master

Post by Koujow » 31 Jan 2012, 10:35

Laryyk wrote:I always know when I'm fighting an operative, because I spend the entire 10 second fight being repeatedly stabbed while I can't move :P
+1

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 31 Jan 2012, 13:07

Laryyk wrote:I always know when I'm fighting an operative, because I spend the entire 10 second fight being repeatedly stabbed while I can't move :P
+2

Kroneuss
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Kroneuss » 31 Jan 2012, 15:24

Hey everyone,

I just joined this community, I've been watching the episodes as often as I get a chance while droning away at my job (SWTOR is a fantastic break... I work with engineers, and I get to slaughter plenty in the game!)

One thing that to me is rather major, but at the same time probably not possible...

I want to play as a Yoda character. From my understanding his race/species has never been named, but I would love to be able to run around as a green or maybe pale blue little alien guy and explore the swamps of Dagobah(Sp?). Heck, I'd love to be an Ewok even. Sure the Ewoks are more barbarian style fighters, but they are creative and resourceful warriors. I do agree that whether any of my suggestions are even possible - more races need to be incorporated into the mix, and in the Star Wars galaxy there is a plethora to choose from.

Another thing is that the Flashpoints need to be more story based, from videos I've seen and the few I have been in, yes the first one was fantastic for a story, and I've heard the highest level FP is again great for story, but the ones in between need to be less like WoW (Kill kill kill, get money, xp, gear, forget about the place) and needs to continue with SWTOR style making the experience more memorable. I love playing this game, and unfortunately I don't get to play nearly as much as I would like to, but then again - gotta pay the bills.

For me personally - Even as a Seer Sage focusing on light actions only, I'd like to be able to eject C2-N2 from my ship every time he opens his mouth. C3-P-O must have learned his social skills/whining capabilities from his "pre-decessors". After all he is just a droid, and it wouldn't be killing him.

Kroneuss
Jedi Seer Sage
Fa'athra Server

CheeseBlade
Master
Master

Post by CheeseBlade » 31 Jan 2012, 15:37

I'm not sure that what the game needs now is more stuff. I would be plenty happy with a bug free version of what we have right now as long as they continue their current rollout schedule for planned content. they have already talked about what is going to be changing in March with additional content features, I just hope that they properly test what they release.