AlanShotFirst :: ep38 :: class regrets...and girls

The personal musings of our MER forum guru and the guild leader of Shadow Squad and Shadow Guard!
Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 10 Jan 2012, 11:45

This week we look at your class choice, or more specifically did you make the right choice? Also, a few friends of mine make an appearance on the show.

Thanks to Jordan (@Psyno86) for this week's topic.

Enjoy!

- Alan

DarthPlow
Master
Master

Re: AlanShotFirst :: ep38 :: class regrets...and girls

Post by DarthPlow » 10 Jan 2012, 12:45

No regrets, I rolled a smuggler and have loved almost every second of it. My only major concern is that every now and then the physical cover system doesn't work how it should and either causes me to have to relocate before I can use any major abilities or I will move to an optimal position for a boss fight only to have my guy roll into fire or next to the boss when I hit cover instead of popping the screen where I want to be.

Wood
Master
Master

Post by Wood » 10 Jan 2012, 12:50

Kinda regret the Sentinel. The Guardian was a bit more easy to gear out. With the Sentinel it took a bit to figure out what rotation works best and I also have to purchase 2 of everything for my sabers, hilts crystals mods enhancements, or farm enough commendations to get 2 sabers, 28 alone on Balmorra for 2 sabers :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Psyno
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Psyno » 10 Jan 2012, 13:12

Thanks for the shout out, Alan :)

So yeah basically I rolled a gunslinger Smuggler for my main on the Republic side of things. He's only level 18 right now because I just feel no motivation to play him. I'm not sure if it's just because I don't feel I can do well in warzones or if it's due to the fact that I haven't really been getting that "epic character" feel from him. Lately I've been playing around more on a now level 13 commando, heal spec Trooper and seem to be a bit more satisfied. I find enjoyment in tossing a heal here and there in warzones and am looking forward to see what he can do with more abilities.

A similar feeling I am having on my imperial toon, currently a lvl 38 powertech spec Bounty Hunter. When I first started with him, I was tank spec'ed and found solo questing and warzones to be quite a challenge. Since I spec'ed into a damage tree things have improved a bit, but still feel something is missing.

It probably isn't helping that I seem to lag like crazy in lvl too...

Koujow
Master
Master

Post by Koujow » 10 Jan 2012, 14:03

Alan has inspired me to pursue a career in church-y things. Apparently, they are permitted epic beards and cute girls. :D

I feel a change in mains is coming my way soon. As I have discussed with my fellow MERCs recently, it really seems like the Consular has a weaker story than the other classes, (not a bad story, mind you, just not as fun or interesting). I also find healing as a Consular incredibly frustrating. It is really easy to go OOF (Out of Force) in the middle of battle, something I hear other healing classes don't have a problem with. (Well, Out of Ammo or Energy for them, but you get my meaning.)

Do I regret it? Not entirely, because it is still an interesting story and Qyzen Fess is a really cool companion. I am level 24 right now, so there is always time for the story to get better and for better moves to show up. I am trying to be optimistic. :D

Kizzik
Master
Master

Post by Kizzik » 10 Jan 2012, 14:47

Die hard Trooper fan all the way. I enjoy it so much I may roll another just to play it with the AC choice I didn't make and maybe the next one will be Dark Side. :twisted:

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 10 Jan 2012, 19:05

DarthPlow wrote:My only major concern is that every now and then the physical cover system doesn't work how it should and either causes me to have to relocate before I can use any major abilities or I will move to an optimal position for a boss fight only to have my guy roll into fire or next to the boss when I hit cover instead of popping the screen where I want to be.
ARG!!!! This makes me so mad some times.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

skirata
Master
Master

Post by skirata » 10 Jan 2012, 19:40

I've been playing a Trooper Commando and a Bounty Hunter Mercenary and have no regrets at all. Both stories are suitably epic and I really enjoy the game play of both classes.

Tahras
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Tahras » 11 Jan 2012, 04:27

My main is a Gunslinger and is around level 35 or so right now and I'm loving it. I have started a couple of alts though: a Jedi Guardian (around level 15) and a low-level Trooper.

Laryyk
Knight
Knight

Post by Laryyk » 11 Jan 2012, 10:46

Pretty happy with my choice thus far, but I'm fairly certain that I'll roll every last class eventually