Open Bounty 003: Space Combat

Discuss past episodes of Open Bounty here!
Crozar
Knight
Knight

Re: Open Bounty 003: Space Combat

Post by Crozar » 18 Mar 2011, 16:03

Star Wars Rebellion is one of my all time favourite games. Unfortunately, I can't get it to run on Windows 7 so I've had to mothball it. Played it on XP no problem (skipped Vista).

My favourite shooter type space game has to be Wing Commander. I loved that game and wrecked many many Gravis joysticks playing that. X-Wing was also a very fun game. Anyone remember that kill the Star Destroyer mission? That was freakin' tough. Very challenging game.

Enjoying the podcasts and the Open Bounty segments and hope to see more soon. I'm not hating the tunnel shooter style BioWare is flogging here, and it's entirely optional based on the PAX demo they showed last weekend, so I'm sure I'll give it a whirl at some point.

Played Galaxies, loved customization of player housing. The space combat was ok but it got kind of dull after a bit. I think it would be cool to be able to bring your friends along to man turrets and stuff in your ship for space combat.
Insanity is a state of mind.

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 18 Mar 2011, 17:28

Welcome to the community Crozar! :D

- Alan

Eriph
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Eriph » 19 Mar 2011, 17:01

To be honest, I enjoyed JTL (Jump To Lightspeed) for Galaxies. I would fly around and go to deep space frequently so I could take on Correlian Corvettes, and Rebel gunboats. Now to show you my age LOL, the first Star Wars flight sim I played was X-wing. Then I loved playing the X-wing vs Tie Fighter. I also enjoyed the Rogue Squadron games, I wish that TOR would have followed the way Rogue Squadron played, but eh, I enjoyed Starfox. I'll manage.
The Tiefighter was the original lol see ---> l-o-l