Episode 39: Pile of Dead Gungans

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Alan
Master
Master

Re: Episode 39: Pile of Dead Gungans

Post by Alan » 25 May 2011, 19:13

Let the record show that I was busy the last two days because all of our offices at work got repainted and I had to move everything out and then back in. Nemuel...I shall have my revenge and reclaim my rightful place as the first post after the next podcast goes live! :twisted:

LOL! :lol:

- Alan

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 25 May 2011, 20:10

Since Evan mentioned me in the cast, I have to say that preferring the aesthetics is not the ONLY reason I pretty much always play female toons. My preference for female characters started with fighting games where female characters are usually faster moving, but hit softer than male characters. But yeah, the simple fact that I enjoy the way my female toon looks a lot more than the males, does play a big part in my in-game gender choice.

And as for people begging for gold, I love them. They always provided me with lots of entertainment in WoW. I used to play a game with them where I would try to see how long I could get them to wait for my money. I'd open up a trade window, and type 50 gold or whatever into the money area and then just let it sit there. Eventually they'd be like, "Hey, click accept." I'd tell them, "I did...weird...must be some bug...let me try again..." And so we'd attempt another trade but not click accept and then I'd go make a sandwich or something. Usually they'd sit around for a good long time because my money represented a lot of their income for the day.

Oh, and thanks for thinking of Macho Man.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 25 May 2011, 20:32

Oh, and talk about the CCG some more. I love that game.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

Sangria
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Sangria » 25 May 2011, 21:34

on the male's playing female characters. I pretty much exclusively play females. I don't do it for the lulzworthy "ass" argument. Personally I just love femme fatale, I'm not sure why, but Alice from Resident Evil comes to mind.

I enjoyed the segment, but I disagree with the the female thing. Everything else, you should /uninstall...

I have bought gold, in Aion, since you couldn't get anything without money, and you couldn't get money without money...lol. and dying, costs LOTS of money...

Dastorn
Master
Master

Post by Dastorn » 26 May 2011, 00:32

Steiny wrote:Your friendly neighborhood MMO Loser:

Zach: "and I paid to have a sex change."

I lol'd, but all in good fun, right Zach? :D

Crozar
Knight
Knight

Post by Crozar » 26 May 2011, 01:22

Best title for an episode here yet. On a related matter, on the official forums a long time ago I told BioWare what they should do with gold spammers is turn them all into gunguns and let us beat on them. I will try to find my post. :)

Gold farming/selling/begging/power levelling. I have never done any of them. I agree with Chris that in theory the accounts should be permanently banned. The downside, however, is if some scumbag steals your account and is then using it to do the spamming, etc. why should you have your account banned when it's not even you doing the illiegal activity.

I really hope BioWare does a better job of getting these parasites away from me when I'm playing TOR. Really, all they have to do is have GMs patrolling looking for these clowns and banning the accounts. And none of this annoying trial account stuff, either. The farmers just get free level 1 toons to spam everybody on the servers with.

The whole male versus female toon thing I've already addressed in a previous post, but to briefly reiterate, I always play male toons just to avoid those awkward situations with 14 year old teenage boys. I have known people who want to do the "watch the female butt thing" while they're playing, and I can understand that, but the whole gender confusion/annoyance issue is too much for me to participate in that.

Great episode. Also liked Zach's explanation on the music. Lots of people were griping about it being too loud. Personally I didn't find it any different than usual, but the a/c thing was a very satisfactory explanation to pacify the complainers. They'll probably complain anyway, so I'd encourage them all to return to the official forums where they belong. I enjoy both casts and hope you keep more of them coming my way so I have something to do/watch waiting for TOR to come out.
Insanity is a state of mind.

Kojack
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kojack » 26 May 2011, 08:20

I told BioWare what they should do with gold spammers is turn them all into gunguns and let us beat on them

Thats the best idea for any MMO i have ever seen :lol:
European gamer? mmorpg.org.uk Bring your sense of humour

gaou
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gaou » 26 May 2011, 11:01

i believe the glowing eyes thing was when the inquisitor goes into stealth and her eyes glowed purple. its kinda reminds me of Predator.

also on how much still needs to be released, i remember seeing an interview with daniel erickson at pax east where he said they wouldn't talk about everything before launch so people could be surprised when they got in game(and he was referring to game features not story).

and one final thing. as far as i'm aware wolverine has only ever lost his adamantium skeleton once when magneto rip it from his body. he got it back when apocalypse had him kidnapped, brainwashed in into being one of his 4 horsemen, and re-bonded the metal to his bones.

edit: regarding gold farming in china
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ma ... aming-scam

"Prison bosses made more money forcing inmates to play games than they do forcing people to do manual labour," Liu told the Guardian. "There were 300 prisoners forced to play games. We worked 12-hour shifts in the camp. I heard them say they could earn 5,000-6,000rmb [£470-570] a day. We didn't see any of the money. The computers were never turned off."

morpheusxp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by morpheusxp » 26 May 2011, 12:52

gaou wrote: regarding gold farming in china
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ma ... aming-scam

"Prison bosses made more money forcing inmates to play games than they do forcing people to do manual labour," Liu told the Guardian. "There were 300 prisoners forced to play games. We worked 12-hour shifts in the camp. I heard them say they could earn 5,000-6,000rmb [£470-570] a day. We didn't see any of the money. The computers were never turned off."

Wow that is the craziest thing I have ever seen regarding Gold Farming. I hate the gold sellers and the buyers. My WoW account was hacked 3 times over the past 5 years. It is very annoying and should not have to take place in this day and time. The only reason 95% of the Chinese accounts exist is for gold farming. Blizzard doesn't even really make anything off the Chinese accounts because they don't pay a monthly fee to play. They pay an hourly rate to a third party company to get access to the servers. Anyways the only reason Blizzard is even in the Chinese market is to bolster their worldwide account totals. They only have between 6 and 7 million accounts that actually pay a monthly fee to play. Sorry to get off on a rant but seriously people that buy and sell gold or any other online currency are definitely losers.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀┘◙█[Θ]█]QUIXOTIC[█[Θ ]█◙└▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

rmorse
Padawan
Padawan

Post by rmorse » 26 May 2011, 13:31

Ok I just had to post about the old Star Wars CCG stuff you talked about. Yoda was not a bad card at all, he just required a very certain deck to work. And sadly I would have been one of those people with massive binders of rares you talked about.

More comments once I finish the show :)
Raymond
-------------
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."