Episode 39: Pile of Dead Gungans

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Zach
Master
Master

Episode 39: Pile of Dead Gungans

Post by Zach » 25 May 2011, 11:15

Lots of news and other updates to talk about on this episode. Big topic of this week? Lightning! We discuss the latest Sith Inquisitor video in detail and speculate on the class story. We also talk about what we would like to see Bioware reveal at the upcoming E3 this summer.

In addition we answer your questions in the community discussion segment. We wrap the show up with a new segment called MMO Loser, where we discuss actions certain MMO players make while playing MMOs and debate if they are acceptable or not.

Music for this show was provided by General Fuzz.

Discussion Topics
- Sith Inquisitor Update
- E3 2011
- Your Questions
- MMO Loser

Nemuel
Knight
Knight

Re: Episode 39: Pile of Dead Gungans

Post by Nemuel » 25 May 2011, 12:21

Listening to it now, usefull comment will come later,

Just felt like i had to beat Alan to first post atleast once ;)

Zach
Master
Master

Post by Zach » 25 May 2011, 12:28

Nemuel wrote:Listening to it now, usefull comment will come later,

Just felt like i had to beat Alan to first post atleast once ;)

+1 :)

Nemuel
Knight
Knight

Post by Nemuel » 25 May 2011, 14:24

Ok back for a propper comment;

On the MMOLoser segment,

People who buy gold are scumbags in my opinion not only do you destroy the economy you also get me whisper/spam for sites, Same with people who pay for lvling services.

People who beg for gold should just go out and put some effort in like the people who actually have $ did. Im one of those people that likes playing the auction house services on pretty much every MMO and make my $ that way, everyone should be able to do that if i can.

Lastly the playing a female character needs an extra condition; Guys who play female characters and pretend to play female to get $ / boosts belong in the loser slot. I generally play female chars depending on class but im not going out pretending to be female to get stuff. Also TOR also adds the voice acting in the mix which depending on gender could be better/worse ( trooper comes to mind )

Acaulescent
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Acaulescent » 25 May 2011, 15:54

Good podcast as usual. Now, bout the 'Loser' segment. Personally, loved it. Liked hearing what you guys thought bout what was talked about and agreed with almost everything except the last one about guys playing as girls and girls playing as guys.

For me, pending on the class, like you guys said (mage in WoW), females aesthetically work better. For me, I like to roll females pending on how the armor looks on them and also their individual character features on the creation screen. Also, frankly, I just like looking at women. Whether it be a freakin pixel or a real person, they're easier on my eyes. So I have to vouch for the "if I'm going to stare at an arse for 100's of hours" because frankly, even if it's a pixel, I'd rather stare at a woman's ass than a mans.

So to call someone a loser on that one.... meh. It all comes down to preference where as begging for gold is just plain being a douche. But yeah, definitely dig the new segment.

DarthPlow
Master
Master

Post by DarthPlow » 25 May 2011, 15:59

Selling gold is the main reason WoW has so many Phishing scams and hacked accounts. If there wasn't a monetary reason to hack peoples accounts then no one would care enough to do it. So if no one bought gold there would be no economy for it. I'm with Zach on leveling your own toon too.

Moti
Knight
Knight

Post by Moti » 25 May 2011, 16:15

Here goes

Buying money fine i work get money i grind get money all the same thing just i get payed more per hour then i can grind so make sense saying that ive never needed to buy money but i got nothing against it.

Power leveling is just slackness I would never pay anyone to do this and clearly a loser.

Begging is annoying effects others not just you cant see why you would do that.

Playing other sex chars nothing against this I sometime do it sometimes don't. Even more understandable with voice acting often one is markedly better then other i thought mass effect female was much better then male acting.

Maybe you should have also done it on people who use Bots to grind for them when I played Aion a few people got kicked out of my guild for doing it and i see this as cheating gaining something for turning your PC on its clearly not fair.

Dastorn
Master
Master

Post by Dastorn » 25 May 2011, 16:19

Listening now, and I just wanted to add something on the subject of the Inquisitor and it's play style versus the Sith Warrior. My impression was that the Inquisitor was more along the lines of Darth Bane rather than just a Dark Jedi. Bane believed the true way of the Sith was to be deceitful, and conniving. The Sith Warrior however is more similar to Malgus, who believes strength through confrontation.

But that's just my impression :P

Steiny
Knight
Knight

Post by Steiny » 25 May 2011, 17:48

Your friendly neighborhood MMO Loser:

Zach: "and I paid to have a sex change."

Steiny, GM of Animosity [US-Crushridge]
Gitt on http://www.swtor.com site
Xfire
Twitter

Cotillion
Knight
Knight

Post by Cotillion » 25 May 2011, 17:52

Most of the gold that you are buying from these farmers/sites come from hacked and stolen accounts. Maybe earlier in WoW where you would see a ton of farmers online actually farming but now primarily all of it comes from stolen accounts. You are buying stolen goods.

My account was hacked and stuff was stolen 2x over 6 years and anyone that bought WoW gold around that time may have bought the gold stolen from me.

If you buy gold/credits first think where these sites and people got their stuff to begin with.