Episode 036: Bracket Buster

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Alan
Master
Master

Re: Episode 036: Bracket Buster

Post by Alan » 16 Apr 2011, 13:22

CheeseBlade wrote:Did I hear correctly? Alan on the podcast?

There may be a lil something in the works. ;)

Crozar
Knight
Knight

Post by Crozar » 16 Apr 2011, 13:45

Welcome Evan. Enjoyed the podcast. Looks like we've got a real lorehound in you, so that'll give the show a lot of new references to draw from.

The 2 of you sounded good together, so looks like chemistry aplenty, which is what I was most worried about.

I disagree with the outcome of the fighting rounds, but then I've always thought Mace was the best. I didn't know what MMA was there for a second, but when you used the UFC reference, then I got it. Is March Madness a basketball term? I'm strictly a hockey fan, and the Stanley Cup playoffs are on now, but since my Leafs are out (again) I'm not going to be as devoted to watching the rounds as I would normally be if they were in.
Insanity is a state of mind.

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 16 Apr 2011, 14:00

Crozar:

March Madness - The period of the annual NCAA college basketball tournament, with the majority of the competition set in March.

It starts off with a bracket like this and works its way to the final two teams. It is indeed madness!

Bracket: http://galaxybids.com/img/files/image/2011-bracket.jpg

Hope that helps!

- Alan

CheeseBlade
Master
Master

Post by CheeseBlade » 16 Apr 2011, 14:07

Crozar wrote: I'm strictly a hockey fan, and the Stanley Cup playoffs are on now, but since my Leafs are out (again) I'm not going to be as devoted to watching the rounds as I would normally be if they were in.

Greetings fellow hockey fan, there have been some good games so far this year. If you feel so inclined you can root for Detroit, they are kinda close to Toronto.

Crozar
Knight
Knight

Post by Crozar » 16 Apr 2011, 18:00

Thanks, Alan. I figured March Madness had something to do with basketball. I forget Americans are big into the college sports' scene. Canada has university leagues, but nothing like the States. From what I understand talking to some of my American friends, college sports are bigger than the pro leagues. Not sure why; maybe the intensity is higher. Not sure.

And Cheese, I like the Wings, but they're not my team. Detroit actually is a very good organization; they draft and develop well and always field a very competitive team. Usually my backup when Toronto doesn't get in is the Flames, since that's where I live, but they didn't even get in this year. If I am indeed cursed, I should cheer for the Habs and the Flyers so they get bounced out of the playoffs 8-)
Insanity is a state of mind.

Rakshasa
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Rakshasa » 16 Apr 2011, 22:32

Alan wrote:Hearing about the origins of the Jedi Shadow makes me want to play one now. Thanks a lot EVAN!!! :x

With you.
Though, really I wanna play them all. It may just bump up the priority. :3

Disagree with the Savage Opress pick! He may be a great Sith later, but right now he seems easily trickable (Ventriss' forte) and unseasoned. Maybe if Ventriss is backed into tight quarters, like in Clone Wars.

Braio
Master
Master

Post by Braio » 17 Apr 2011, 00:27

Downloading now, will listen to it during work tomorrow :)

Dileptor
Master
Master

Post by Dileptor » 17 Apr 2011, 05:49

Great episode, guys!!! Evan has a knack for podcasting and you work very well together. Evan's lore knowledge is indeed impressive.

The only thing I'd object to is the bracket selection (but hey, you can never please everyone with that). I feel like the Savage Opress character shouldn't even have been created. Something like Starkiller. He goes from nothing to a super sith in matter of days. And there is no way, that he could beat Dooku. I also refuse to accept the part of the lore where darth maul is alive. He's just dead for me :)
Like the clone trooper in episode 3 said: "Nobody could survive that fall." :D
Being cut into halves, he couldn't have used his force powers to dampen the impact. He'd be just squashed to a pulp. Not mentioning that when cut in half, anybody dies instantly.

Also knowing the background of jedi shadows made me even more adamant in my class choice.

Zach
Master
Master

Post by Zach » 17 Apr 2011, 10:30

Dileptor wrote:I also refuse to accept the part of the lore where darth maul is alive. He's just dead for me :)
Like the clone trooper in episode 3 said: "Nobody could survive that fall." :D
Being cut into halves, he couldn't have used his force powers to dampen the impact. He'd be just squashed to a pulp. Not mentioning that when cut in half, anybody dies instantly.

I imagine the "Emperor Palpatine is not dead. He survived the fall and Death Star II explosion" storyline will be coming out soon.

Dileptor
Master
Master

Post by Dileptor » 17 Apr 2011, 11:34

Exactly, what comes next ? :D