Episode 036: Bracket Buster

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Joanis
Knight
Knight

Re: Episode 036: Bracket Buster

Post by Joanis » 20 Apr 2011, 17:11

I liked the Class March Madness Bracket a lot, although I found it difficult to follow in the beginning due to the fact that I haven't seen a single episode of The Clone Wars...

Otherwise, great podcast! It was a lot of fun to listen to.

Evan, great job! You fit right in.

AxeFaktor
Master
Master

Post by AxeFaktor » 29 Apr 2011, 11:41

Dileptor wrote:That would probably depend how you define half, but I guess you're right. I watched the sequence again and it seemed that Maul had been cut "low enough" not to hit the spine.
But he would have been squashed anyways :)

Keep in mind also that Maul was cut in half with a lightsaber, which instantly cauterizes any would it inflicts, part of why it's considered a more "civilized" weapon. So he potentially avoided any of the messy spillage of guts that ought to go along with being cut in half. And if like you said he was cut far enough down to miss the spine, he would have also been cut far enough down to miss most vital organs. I emphasize most ;)

AxeFaktor
Master
Master

Post by AxeFaktor » 29 Apr 2011, 11:44

Also I would like to say that some of the match-ups were not so great. I actually like ahsoka, lately, but to be fair, she just doesn't stand a chance against mace. Also I think Canderous Ordo might have been a better fit for trooper commando than Carth. Pretty sure Canderous uses the big gun and all that. though there is the obvious problem of him being a bit dark.

Having said that I still found the whole episode to be very enjoyable and I thought the bracket thing was excellent, despite my disagreements. Boba vs Mace? My heart goes with Mace, but the points you make about Boba's greater motivation are actually really valid, and something I would never have included myself.

Cotillion
Knight
Knight

Post by Cotillion » 29 Apr 2011, 22:43

Great podcast and discussion. Evan seems to have a vast store of info regarding star wars which will lead to many interesting tidbits of info and lore to come. I'm new to the forums but I've been listening to MER podcast for awhile now and wanted to say I miss Brooks but I'm very positive and hopeful that Evan will do just as an amazing job. Good luck for future podcasts and thank you for all your work in creating a funny, informative and positive community for TOR.

Outlander
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Outlander » 09 May 2011, 22:57

Nice job Evan :D You guys did a great job. But brooks will be missed.
"Your focus determines your reality."
~Qui-Gon Jinn