Episode 35: PAX Mortem

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Brooks
Master
Master

Episode 35: PAX Mortem

Post by Brooks » 04 Apr 2011, 08:41

In this this week’s episode of Mos Eisley Radio we are joined by Stephen Reid (Senior Online Community Manager) and David Bass (Senior Community Coordinator) to discuss the ins and outs of planning a massive conference presence like PAX East. From booth design to queuing to why Bioware probably wouldn’t announce a release date at PAX, Stephen and David share some great insight into the community team.

Also, the time has come that I (Brooks) can announce this will be my last show with Mos Eisley Radio. Many of you know that I’ve been on the job search recently, and through a fantastic series of events, I’m joining Bioware as an audio editor on the creative services team. The best thing though? Mos Eisley Radio and Open Bounty aren’t going anywhere! Zach has some great plans in place to continue to bring the community top notch discussions about SWTOR. I’ve spelled out many more details and thanks on the show and on my “goodbye thread”.

Discussion Topics
- The Taral V playthrough
- Booth design and Queues
- Is PAX the place to announce a release date?
- Top PAX East Moments
- Brooks’ Departure from MER, and new job at Bioware

Snodge
Master
Master

Re: Episode 35: PAX Mortem

Post by Snodge » 04 Apr 2011, 09:06

Wow! That's fantastic news Brooks - congratulations! While I'll be sad we won't be hearing you on the podcast, I'm glad you've got a nice new shiny job! Maybe we can have an Alan and Zack podcast?!

Anyway, I'd also like to say that I (and probably everyone else here) really appreciate the time and effort you've put in with Zach to make MER a really good site and podcast!

>> INSERT MAN-HUGS HERE <<

:D
@Snodgethebodge
f: Hugh Jones
Google+
MSI 790FX-GD70 Mainboard || AMD Phenom X4 965 || 8gb RAM || 1gb ATI 5870 Radeon || 256gb SSD + 250gb SATA2 || Asus Xonar Xense Soundcard || Win 7 x64 SP1

Moti
Knight
Knight

Post by Moti » 04 Apr 2011, 09:42

Gz on your job.

As you chatted about release date for so long without getting anywhere i started day dreaming as i do, and decided that i would like it if the put the release date out in the middle of a fan friday update which alot of people complain about nicely hidden and see how fast it spreads.

Daeke
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Daeke » 04 Apr 2011, 10:02

First and most importantly, of course, congratulations again on your new job, Brooks! Hope you've caught up on sleep, because you're not going to be getting any around here ;)

Moti wrote:Gz on your job.

As you chatted about release date for so long without getting anywhere i started day dreaming as i do, and decided that i would like it if the put the release date out in the middle of a fan friday update which alot of people complain about nicely hidden and see how fast it spreads.

We're very well aware that we could hide a release date announcement anywhere we wanted and within two minutes the world would know. That's why the whole thing about "Oh, BioWare always said they'll announce it at a convention" is confusing to us, because there's no realistic reason for us to limit it like that.
David Bass | Senior Community Coordinator at BioWare Austin

Moti
Knight
Knight

Post by Moti » 04 Apr 2011, 10:08

Daeke wrote:"Oh, BioWare always said they'll announce it at a convention" is confusing to us, because there's no realistic reason for us to limit it like that.

I never expected a release date at pax myself i was fairly sure they wouldn't and after years of expectation about things not just games and then disappointment i never get my hopes up without very good reason.

syllepsis
Knight
Knight

Post by syllepsis » 04 Apr 2011, 13:47

Great episode, as always.

vinnypop
Knight
Knight

Post by vinnypop » 04 Apr 2011, 14:51

great job guys and congrats on the job, we will miss your face brooks.

cool to see some devs on the show and hope you can keep up the show Zach, I'm sure theres enough of a community built here that help shouldn't be too hard to find.
"To break the mold does not prove genius, it merely shows you can break things."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"sir the rebels are here!"
"well, what do they want?"
"I don't know sir, but they brought a flag..."

gonzodroid
Padawan
Padawan

Post by gonzodroid » 04 Apr 2011, 15:03

WTG Brooks. Gratz dude dont let anyone say you didnt earn it. And Zach is the new main host, this is awesome :!: Just goes to show how all your hard work is finally paying off. Good luck guys.

Very Very good show.

CheeseBlade
Master
Master

Post by CheeseBlade » 04 Apr 2011, 18:40

OMG Big Grats Brooks, hope you kill it in austin.

Dileptor
Master
Master

Post by Dileptor » 05 Apr 2011, 04:31

Great job getting the devs on the show!