Episode 28 - Speaking Massively

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Brooks
Master
Master

Episode 28 - Speaking Massively

Post by Brooks » 20 Dec 2010, 19:37

Listen to the episode

Publishing a podcast two weeks in a row? Unprecedented! But given the holiday spirit (and the finale of Brooks’ collegiate career), it seemed fitting to put out a brand new episode. This week we’re joined by the SWTOR Editor over at Massively, Larry Everett. He’s been following The Old Republic just as long as we have (most of you should be familiar with his “Hyperspace Beacon” column), and for some reason it took us this long to have him as a guest.

Of course, this week was also saw the lifting of the embargo on information regarding the Jedi Knight, Consular, and the Jedi homeworld of Tython, dubbed Jedi Immersion day, that a few members of the press were shown back in November. Keeping with our recent trend, we used some of the bigger topics as basis for discussion about the current state of SWTOR and what the new info means for folks following the game. For some of the finer details, we’ve added links below. Amidst the new Jedi info we also cover everything from the control schemes used for DC Universe Online to the Sidekicking system in City of Heroes. Needless to say, we wandered a bit, but we think you’ll love the discussion Don’t forget to join us on the forums as well to give us your thoughts!

We want to offer a big thanks to Publius Varrus, Sergio Romero, and TheOutlandr for taking the time to leave us reviews on iTunes.

Music for this show was provided by General Fuzz. Check out more of his work at generalfuzz.net

Discussion Topics
- DC Universe Online
- Jedi Immersion Day at Massively, 1UP.com, and Darth Hater
- City of Heroes “Sidekick” system

tolbrin
Padawan
Padawan

Re: Episode 28 - Speaking Massively

Post by tolbrin » 20 Dec 2010, 21:08

Congrats, Brooks!

Braio
Master
Master

Post by Braio » 21 Dec 2010, 00:21

First off there's nothing wrong with kit fisto, i can agree that the name is funny, but the character himself is the most awesome character in star wars. Still waiting for the Nautolan race to be announced as a playable class, im hoping it's my xmas gift from bioware for this coming up friday update.

I liked how you were talking about how the people that are hyped up for this game are a mix of both star wars fans and MMO players, the only problem that with people coming into this game that have never played a mmo, or have a knowledge of how they work, they make for the most annoying people in mmo's possible, thats why getting to the mid lvls within the first few weeks will be a defiant goal. Otherwise as past experience tells us you end up grouped with people that make u sigh and bang your head on the table.

Adaram
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Adaram » 21 Dec 2010, 01:32

Can't wait to hear it guys!

Alan
Master
Master

Post by Alan » 21 Dec 2010, 02:35

I like the concept that you should try and get your TOR news from people that you most relate with. In my case, you guys!

But in all seriousness, that's such a simple yet profound concept. I wish more people took the time to do that very thing.

Outlander
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Outlander » 21 Dec 2010, 06:32

Any time guys, doing a great job keep it up.

Larry's insight to the game should be pretty interesting to hear, especially on the latest Jedi information. Also curious what you two think about the latest updates as well; and btw the longer the podcast is, means less time I have to send talking with my co-workers...so rant away!
"Your focus determines your reality."
~Qui-Gon Jinn

Blackferne
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Blackferne » 21 Dec 2010, 13:52

Zach: "No one cares how you are doing Brooks"

I care.
Archbishop Jounville Blackferne of the Church of Alvis
Peace through Beer
http://www.thechurchofalvis.com (Now with Bloggy goodness)

CRRKathy
Padawan
Padawan

Post by CRRKathy » 21 Dec 2010, 17:02

Really enjoyed just listening to you guys shoot the breeze about TOR.

I *LOVED LOVED LOVED* the concept of scaling down your toon so you can quest legitimately with your lower level toon friends. Sidekicking, is that what it's called?

It was great listening to Larry on your show. My favorite part was when Brooks was trying to get Larry to answer a question, but Zach insisted on answering it instead.
Host, Corellian Run Radio. Kathy, Carla & Roxanne give their unique perspective on SWTOR through lively discussion and humor segments. Check us out at http://www.corellianrun.com.

Adaram
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Adaram » 21 Dec 2010, 23:19

CRRKathy -- ditto 100%. "Sidekicking" as it is aptly named, would be an awesome way to solve the issue of friends that level at different speeds still being able to enjoy content together, without making it useless and easy because your high level friend can sneeze and kill the mobs for you!

Zach
Master
Master

Post by Zach » 22 Dec 2010, 10:01

Adaram wrote:CRRKathy -- ditto 100%. "Sidekicking" as it is aptly named, would be an awesome way to solve the issue of friends that level at different speeds still being able to enjoy content together, without making it useless and easy because your high level friend can sneeze and kill the mobs for you!

This reminds me of a time when Brooks and I played Phantasy Star Online. A friend was higher than us and was a ranger. He had this weapon that shot out multiple shots which would hit multiple enemies at the same time. He was such a higher level than us that he could walk into a room and press his fire trigger once and kill everything in the room. We got so tired of not doing anything we made a rule saying he couldn't help us unless we were about to die.