MER Episode 65: The Flashpoint

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Zach
Master
Master

MER Episode 65: The Flashpoint

Post by Zach » 11 Jan 2012, 12:57

We may call them Flashpoints these days, but we'll always remember our first instance. With that, MER welcomes back, after a too-long absence, Mr. Scott Johnson of Frog Pants Studios - http://frogpants.com, host of The Instance: TOR Edition - http://theinstance.net/tor! Scott and the crew share some of their stories from playing SWTOR over the past several weeks, they tackle the news, and still make time for your MER-Q's. Evan also shares details on the newest podcast from the MER studios, the Ossus Academy!

Evan
Master
Master

Re: MER Episode 65: The Flashpoint

Post by Evan » 11 Jan 2012, 14:26

What the poop...? First?

Man, I was so out of it during recording. My brain felt like it was swimming in mucus...

Can ya tell?

Good part: some of it is new for me too!
MER Host
MER Network Co-Producer
TORWars Guild Flunky: Glassau Harkoenen, Sith Warrior
twitter.com/epgelion
moseisleyradio@gmail.com

SunnyRavencourt
Padawan
Padawan

Post by SunnyRavencourt » 11 Jan 2012, 23:38

I wish I had Scott Johnson's voice. If I had one wish, I would wish for more wishes. Then on my second wish, I'd wish for Scott Johnson's voice. If I wasn't allowed to wish for more wishes, I'd probably wish for a bunch of cash.
Sunny's Diner
http://www.sunnysdinerpodcast.com
twitter (@sunnysdiner)

Passage
Knight
Knight

Post by Passage » 12 Jan 2012, 13:55

Really great episode, thanks guys :D

Kimarhri
Master
Master

Post by Kimarhri » 12 Jan 2012, 20:41

Love having Scott Johnson on, he's a great guest/host and enjoy what he brings to the conversations. I would also suggest people check out The Morning Stream, lots of fun to listen to and even greater when you catch it live with the chatroom.

LostSoul3471
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LostSoul3471 » 12 Jan 2012, 22:54

So after getting a recommendation from the wife to start listing to you guys. I've caught up from the early access episode to this one and you guys are great. Scott managed to get a new subscriber to his podcast from here, so yeah, competition regarding podcast shows vs. TV/radio, no contest--everybody wins!

Lets just say, that we like you guys so much, we rolled up a couple of toons on Veela to soon join the ranks of MERC. Which is also an accomplishment as the wife typically dislikes PVP in general. I look at it as something more immersive.

Anyway, looking forward to the next show.

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 12 Jan 2012, 23:27

Well, welcome to you and your wife!
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

babybear
Initiate
Initiate

Post by babybear » 13 Jan 2012, 13:49

Thanks for the welcome. I am said wife, and even I can't believe I am on a PvP server much less that I suggested it.

Great show this week, listened to it while trying to get my character on Veela up to 10.

Crackerbox
MER Contributor
MER Contributor

Post by Crackerbox » 13 Jan 2012, 15:24

babybear wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I am said wife, and even I can't believe I am on a PvP server much less that I suggested it.

Great show this week, listened to it while trying to get my character on Veela up to 10.
You'll have fun. Even my wife agrees that PvP servers are more fun.
Leo of Mos Eisley Radio

Lifeforce
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Lifeforce » 15 Jan 2012, 01:29

PVP was never my thing either. Veela at first was the PVP server with a higher number of Republic players. I noticed on the pages of allot of rather large Sith guilds after launch, notices stating "ROLL VEELA", assuming this was for the short cue times. So now, it seems we are in the same situation as many of the other servers, and are set to be challenged with an Imperial boom. It seems like the Republic is getting stronger every day anyways. Sure, I understand the appeal of the dark side, so it is very attractive to allot of new players. As time goes on however, allot of people seem to be rolling on the light side... perhaps it is because it feels more heroic, or there is a greater sense of community? I know when I rolled dark, I got kinda tired of being constantly reminded that im a "bad guy" or a rebel, and felt like I wanted to give something positive back to the game. I am into roleplaying and have always been a "good guy" so im surely biased. However, allot of people re-orient their perspective over time as they start to care more deeply about these games, and so naturally there seems to be a trend in games like this where people get more satisfaction from lighting a candle, rather than blowing it out...

The force is strong in MERC!