MER Episode 62: Twas The Night Before Launch

Discuss the most recent episodes of Mos Eisley Radio here!
Zach
Master
Master

Post by Zach » 20 Dec 2011, 16:26

Happy SWTOR launch eve! With the servers down in preparation for the big day, MER was still at work, taking a look at the past week’s Early Game Access and mulling over what changes the community is likely to see after the hard launch. Zach, Alan, and Evan welcome back the long-absent Dover of Darth Hater to discuss the resolution of the supposedly late deliveries and take a look at the first active week of the official MER guild, MERC. Oh, and the winners of the Razer peripheral contest are announced. Pay attention, listen for your name, and contact the crew as soon as you hear it!

skirata
Master
Master

Re: MER Episode 62: Twas The Night Before Launch

Post by skirata » 20 Dec 2011, 16:55

Can't wait to listen on my way home from work!

Taleous
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Taleous » 20 Dec 2011, 17:15

Yeah i'm gonna have to find wifi around here so I can listen to it on my way home as well.

Mihn
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Mihn » 20 Dec 2011, 19:30

Cheers for the show, all good stuff - looks like i need to get my head around the weapon enhancement thing. I'm level 17 Imp Agent, at the moment and really enjoying the game. As mentioned in the show the only bit I haven't been very impressed with at all is the GTN, I find the interface very basic. And whats that business of looking for an armour piece for say, your head, and then finding that its not possible to filter amour items by head gear???? (I mean, without mentioning names, it's not like they had to reinvent the wheel here?). Still, it's early days and I'm sure it'll be enhanced as we go forward! :)

That said, in all other areas I've loved playing this game. My favourite part of the game so far has been when I got my ship. It was just awesome going into this huge hanger and seeing that it was all solely for my ship. This was star wars, crazy as it sounds I wanted to catch the eye of the nearest npc and then tell him that this was my ship ("...and not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but yeah, I'm quite a big deal round here..."). Soooooo good.

back to gamage.

RokaImo
Master
Master

Post by RokaImo » 20 Dec 2011, 19:54

Great show, nice to hear Dover again since I gave up listening to DH's casts.

Grats to all the contest winners as well!!

Re the equipment with "need, need for companion, greed"... while its a good idea...I can see it being abused by alot of folks. If you need on something and its your class item, I doubt you'll have issues. Need for companions could be abused because its just higher version of greed. Someone choosing it might just be trying to sell the items they get.

Also the armour professions shouldn't be over looked. You have companions... your friends have companions.. your guildmates have companions... many of these need armour. As an Armstech, I make/made rifles for Corso to upgrade, and am now working on Vibroswords for my second companion. So I wouldn't completely discount those skills for folks.

Tumorseal
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Tumorseal » 20 Dec 2011, 21:39

Woo! I'm the Jedi on the far left!

Ferkles
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ferkles » 21 Dec 2011, 10:50

Listen to as much of the podcast as I could, but it keeps bugging out at 63:44. If anybody could message me the list of winners, that'd be great. Thanks all in advanced, and love the show.

Psyno
Padawan
Padawan

Post by Psyno » 21 Dec 2011, 18:59

Regarding thinking about where you would be when SWTOR launched (aka now) compared to where you would be at the time you first heard of SWTOR:

I totally had the same thing going on in my life. 2 and a half years ago when I first heard of SWTOR, I was a year out of college a couple of part-time jobs and a girlfriend of 3 years. Now, that girlfriend has become my wife, I have a 19 month old son, and started my first full-time job back in March.

Back then if you would have told me what my life was going to be now, I would have told you that you were crazy. Man how things can change in such little time.

So much for planning on super-late-night binges of SWTOR between jobs while trying to find time to also keep the gf happy lol.

SunnyRavencourt
Padawan
Padawan

Post by SunnyRavencourt » 22 Dec 2011, 11:47

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You guys just compared Nar Shadda to Bloomington Indiana. I love it.
Sunny's Diner
http://www.sunnysdinerpodcast.com
twitter (@sunnysdiner)

Laryyk
Knight
Knight

Post by Laryyk » 23 Dec 2011, 09:30

"my phone is about to die and I don't have my charger." hmmm. Zach, you don't make a very good case for this added security feature. lol